Home

TheSinner.net

Real Energy Saving Tips

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Real Energy Saving Tips

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:06 am

Why bother with energy efficient fridges when we have a system of cooling that uses 0 electricity? The student fridge - and thanks to the terrible weather, it's pretty easy to keep those cans of Coke at the ideal 4 degrees Celsius and without the danger of theft from a fridge.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby LJ on Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:14 pm

exactly! thats what i did last year! just hang things out the window!
LJ

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:30 pm

Yes, if we extended this to not just students but everyone - not only would be eliminate the market for fridges and their deadly chemicals but we'd also be saving enough energy to power a small country - say French Guanya - for a millenia.
Prophet Tenebrae

Gulls...

Postby Never backed Bibby on Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:06 pm

[s]LJ wrote on 13:14, 22nd Oct 2002:
exactly! thats what i did last year! just hang things out the window!

In 1996/97 when living in Andrew Melvile (deliberate misspelling), I was so enraged that some pikeys might theft my salmon cutlets, that I used to frequently enjoy, from a communal fridge, that I resorted to the window tactic too... Some foul gull scoffed them of course. My revenge? To make balls out of sliced bread and to put aspirin inside them... Strangely the gulls never came back... Serves them right for being pikey beaked gits...
Never backed Bibby

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:05 pm

Why didn't you try the aspirin in bread with the people who were stealing your stuff from the fridge?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:31 pm

Prophet, I may be reading your post wrong but you appear to be suggesting that if we hang people from their windows this will somehow save the world....

[hr]"Shelley and jazz and lieder and love and hymn-tunes and day returns too soon...."
Al

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:35 am

That might also be true.
Prophet Tenebrae

Return to The Sinner's Main Board