Home

TheSinner.net

THE SAINT 100th issue

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

THE SAINT 100th issue

Postby johness on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:11 pm

I realise this thread is going to be met with a barrage of negativity (as most things are on the sinner, you miserable people!)

Anyway, The Saint has just published it's 100th issue! YAY! We're celebrating with a massive party at The Byre tomorrow night from 9pm-1am. The ticket costs £10, included in the price is a cocktail and ZebraJam are playing (the fantastic band from the Christmas Ball) and cake (just for you Will!) It will be a fantastic night. YOu can get a ticket from your friendly Saint seller tomorrow from 9.30 am outside the library or the union or even on the door on the night. Hope to see your wee cheeky faces there, mine's a gin and tonic!

[hr]

[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
johness

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:14 pm

I don't want this to sound negative like you suggested Johness but I was just curious as to where the rest of the ticket money goes.

I mean one cocktail and a relatively unknown band for £10 isn't exactly an amazing deal :S

Especially when places like aikmens do live music throughout the week for free.

So what makes this worthwhile?

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Lid on Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:03 pm

Zebra Jam are the best jazz band at St Andrews, I've managed to see them twice in as many months.

Also, I'm guessing that hiring the Byre doesn't come cheap.

What does concern me is that I'm meant to be seeing a play at the Byre tomorrow, does this mean I won't get my interval and after-play drinks?

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby Kizzy on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:28 pm

Quoting Lid from 20:03, 15th Feb 2006
Zebra Jam are the best jazz band at St Andrews, I've managed to see them twice in as many months.

Also, I'm guessing that hiring the Byre doesn't come cheap.

What does concern me is that I'm meant to be seeing a play at the Byre tomorrow, does this mean I won't get my interval and after-play drinks?

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires

The Byre has two bars and a restaurant area - I should imagine they'll keep one for the party and the other for the theatre goers - that's what we did for other functions there.
Kizzy

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:30 pm

Only 100? Seems like more.

[hr]

Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Pedant on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:21 am

I suppose the rest were Chronicle, or whatever it was called before that.

Well done The Saint!
Pedant

Return to The Sinner's Main Board