Home

TheSinner.net

Serious Musicians Wanted

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Serious Musicians Wanted

Postby Kelly on Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:59 am

Are you a SERIOUS singer, songwriter, musician, or band looking for success in the music industry? I can help! Email me: kfenton@einsider.net
Kelly

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:05 am

Unfortunatly, I only do humerous songs mostly.

[hr]The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby Ibble Dibble on Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:08 pm

[s]Unregisted User Kelly wrote on 08:05, 16th Dec 2002:
Are you a SERIOUS singer, songwriter, musician, or band looking for success in the music industry? I can help! Email me: kfenton@einsider.net

I'm only serious if you won't make me sing pop.
Ibble Dibble

Re:

Postby Portly Steve on Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:48 pm

I'm serious! I even work in the damn music industry; bunch of theiving, shortsighted bastards.
Portly Steve

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:46 pm

I'm very, very, very serious. But also really quite shit.

[hr][s]I have become a silent movie
The hero killed the clown
Can't make a sound[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby EviLTwiN on Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:52 pm

i'm a songwriter, a musician, and i'm in a band, and the last person on earth I would go to for advice or help in making it in the music industry is someone who is having to post on University message boards to get employment!
EviLTwiN

Re:

Postby Blessed Benediction on Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:56 am

I'm serious. I'd love to do pop. I wish i was talented enough to write Atomic Kitten's material. Wouldn't care too much about meeting them or anything as they're not that much to look at. Would rather write some lightweight rock music though.

I wouldn't want success in the music industry. I'd want to play gigs now & again in the same old venues for 10 years, maybe release a few eps & sell about 12 copies of each, get to watch the same 20 or so kids at each gig until they grow up & grow away or grow out of it, then i'd get run over by a bus one day on my way home after accidentally getting drunk.
Blessed Benediction

I am a serious singer

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:04 am

I am a serious singer

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:04 am

I am a singer/songwriters
email me for more information at
jesusfreak012004@yahoo.com

Thanks
aaron cooper
er

Re:

Postby Blessed Benediction on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:37 am

'I am a singer/songwriters'

sorry, couldn't resist.

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
Blessed Benediction

Re:

Postby Buzzboy on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:55 am

One year too damn late.

Now I'm on the career path to academia.

Well, I don't think most people would appreciate my trance fuelled nu-metal jibe at current politics played entirely on a football.

The life of an artiste, eh?

[hr]On the Seventh Day God said to Adam:

"Can I leave it with you?"
On the Seventh Day God said to Adam:

"Can I leave it with you?"
Buzzboy

Re:

Postby EviLTwiN on Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:30 am

"kfenton@einsider.net"

was that a relation of underworlddreams by any chance? :D
EviLTwiN

Re:

Postby Blessed Benediction on Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:55 pm

'Are you a SERIOUS singer, songwriter, musician, or band looking for success in the music industry? I can help! Email me: kfenton@einsider.net'

given the request asks for 'Serious Musicians' it's funny how there are so many decidedly unserious responses on this thread. then again given the distinct lack of detail in the request it's hardly surprising. can't really judge their credibility too much when all you're given is an e-mail address. nothing said about how they intend to help either. given they're looking for a 'SERIOUS' singer/songwriter you would have thought they'd have provided a more convincing way of persuading folk to get in touch.

file this under 'constructive criticism'.

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
Blessed Benediction

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:35 pm

orlaternatively file under 'b' for 'bullshit'. Your call.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Serious music

Postby Mrs Badcrumble on Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:40 pm

I'm an up and coming singer songwriter of some ability. I have jammed with Bowie, Smoked with the good Mr. Jagger and shared a joke with kindly Mr Lennon. I consider Joni Mitchell one of my closest friends. Sometimes Bob Dylan asks if he can play one of my songs.

I once sued Roger Waters for plagarism. I taught Pete Waterman eveything he knows and he still pays me for it. I return the cheques.

On an off day I amuse myself wondering how Thom Yorke would have coped without my seminal 'Creep' and the later 'Paranoid Android' which I wrote when asleep and were stolen from me.

I wonder how the good ship Coldplay would have sailed without my cast off 'Yellow'. Or whether they would have ended up in Trouble.

James Brown records my screams, Michael Jackson my yelps. David Gilmour rips off my guitar solos and Vinnie Coilata asks me for druming tips. Sometimes me and Herbie settle into a little Hammond to pass the time.

I swap records with DJ Shadow out of sympathy. Screamin' Pele Andersen learned his stage antics when he was my roadie.

I have fought smoked, toked, snorted and cavorted, rocked, rolled, jazzed and bluesed. I have moshed, been sloshed and snoozed. I have met industry types and attempted the Schmooze.

So yes, maybe I will email you, Kelly, 'cos I bet you're a really well connected industry type who'll kick start my flagging career.
Mrs Badcrumble

Lyrics and/or Music Needed?

Postby Jack on Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:26 pm

Looking for someone to help put the words to that song you can't get out of your mind? Or do you have lyrics and would like some guide in the writing of the music?
I have been playing the piano for 18 years. Also play guitar, drums and I read and write music. Open to all types of music and meeting some fellow musicians to share it with
Jack

Return to The Sinner's Main Board