Home

TheSinner.net

One Big Weekend in Dundee

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

One Big Weekend in Dundee

Postby Falkirk Craig on Thu May 11, 2006 10:28 am

Hey, So did anyone else get tickets?

Am pondering how to get there. Was going to drive but do you think the park and ride car parks will be a bit full in which case I might take the bus.
Falkirk Craig

Re:

Postby motorhead on Thu May 11, 2006 11:15 am

The posties nicked all the tickets, out of 30 000 only 6000 got distrubuted. and two postmen have been caught with six tickets in dundee according to the courier.

Three Words - thieving jippo bastards
motorhead

Re:

Postby iab2 on Thu May 11, 2006 11:26 am

I know two people who got tickets, and they wouldn't part with them for the world. I did not get any, hope they were not stolen...

[hr]

IMAGE:x2.putfile.com/2/3511253355.jpg
iab2

Re:

Postby sabra_girl on Thu May 11, 2006 12:36 pm

Flatmate and I will be there en force on Sunday - think we're driving over and taking the P&R option.

[hr]

"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)

I assassin down the avenue.
"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)
sabra_girl

Re:

Postby sabra_girl on Thu May 11, 2006 12:38 pm

Falkirk Craig - you might have problems getting back on the buses as buses from Dundee to St As tend to finish running pretty early on so you could well be stuck there overnight unless they're adding additional services, which I doubt.

[hr]

I assassin down the avenue.
sabra_girl

Re:

Postby Diesel on Thu May 11, 2006 12:42 pm

The 96 runs pretty late, and if you can't get a bus back you could just get a train then a subsequent bus from leuchars
Diesel

Re:

Postby ClaireyMoo on Thu May 11, 2006 12:48 pm

I'm going on Saturday, but I have to wait for my sister in Edinburgh to finish her exam at 12.30. She's driving us through, but I have no idea where to park...maybe one of the industrial estates nearby.
ClaireyMoo

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Thu May 11, 2006 2:11 pm

If you are driving to Dundee and do not mind a 15-20 minute walk to get to where you are going, then there is plenty of free parking in most of the residential areas. This is what I normally do whenever I visit any town or city, you would be amazed as to how much it saves you in the long run.
thebrookster

Re:

Postby rck5 on Thu May 11, 2006 3:26 pm

i got two for sunday but i don't think i'm going to go.. so maybe if anyone makes a good offer they might get them?!

Quoting Falkirk Craig from 11:28, 11th May 2006

Am pondering how to get there. Was going to drive but do you think the park and ride car parks will be a bit full in which case I might take the bus.
rck5

Re:

Postby rck5 on Thu May 11, 2006 3:28 pm

i got two tickets for the sunday but don't think i'm going to go so... if anyone makes me a good offer they might get them??!
rck5

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu May 11, 2006 3:32 pm

What's going on in Scumdee?

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon power metal I drool

This week oi ah've been mostly listenin' to:
[img]http://www.songlyricscollection.com/lyrics/p/power-quest/neverworld/neverworld.jpg[/img]
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby maz on Thu May 11, 2006 3:34 pm

I'd give you a great big hug. They were free after all.

[hr]

Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor :P

Go see my friend on his band's UK tour. 24 March - 7 April
http://www.thehint.com
Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor :P

Go see my friend on his band's UK tour. 24 March - 7 April
http://www.thehint.com
maz

Re:

Postby pinkymoo on Thu May 11, 2006 6:15 pm

rck5 i got two tickets for the sunday but don't think i'm going to go so... if anyone makes me a good offer they might get them??!

I'd suggest you sell them on ebay....have a look at this...i think it might be a wind up, but.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Radio-1s-Big-Weekend-2x-Sunday-Tickets-Radio-One_W0QQitemZ6629178304QQcategoryZ58738QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jeeeezo
pinkymoo

Re:

Postby Colleen on Thu May 11, 2006 7:16 pm

I would cook for you for a fortnight out of my own pocket if I could have those tickets.

I'm a damn good cook, too.

Or I'd take you out for a damned good night, first five pints/glasses of wine/three long drinks paid for?

Ebay tickets apparently won't be valid.

I didn't get tickets andf phoning up like a crazy thing every time the klaxon goes off on radio 1 it not working. Alas.
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby motorhead on Thu May 11, 2006 7:21 pm

Quoting pinkymoo from 19:15, 11th May 2006
rck5 i got two tickets for the sunday but don't think i'm going to go so... if anyone makes me a good offer they might get them??!

I'd suggest you sell them on ebay....have a look at this...i think it might be a wind up, but.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Radio-1s-Big-Week ... dZViewItem

Jeeeezo

If you give me those tickets i will be your sex slave for a week and i know andy grayland
motorhead

Re:

Postby Sid on Thu May 11, 2006 7:48 pm

I have to admit I'm quite annoyed about the whole thing.

I've heard that in Dundee (not including surrounding areas) that only 400 pairs of tickets were given out, the reason being that it will boost business in Dundee especially for hotels. Apparently drink prices and taxi prices are going up. It's such a shame that such an event is being held under the noses of the Dundee people and very little are getting to take part. I did apply for a ticket but used my Dundee address, part of me thinks that if I'd put down my St Andrews address I might have stood a better chance. Due to exams I wouldn't have been able to go anyway, but I know a few friends who I could have passed the tickets on to. Well, R1 can shove it up their arse.
Sid

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu May 11, 2006 9:13 pm

hi, cant youplease email me about these tickets at gotohell50@hotmail.com
cheers

Quoting rck5 from 13:30, 11th May 2006
i got two for sunday but i don't think i'm going to go.. so maybe if anyone makes a good offer they might get them?!

Quoting Falkirk Craig from 11:28, 11th May 2006

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu May 11, 2006 9:15 pm

i live in dundee and know lots of people in dundee who applied 10/15/20 times with different names etc. i do not know one person from dundee who got a ticket. apparently only 8 were delivered to the west end on tues, 6 to dryburgh and 5 to downfield. also i have to tell you, i know few people in st andrews who applied and over half of them (4 people) got tickets. the reason for this is apperently to boost dundee taxi firms profit and giving more to the city in terms of business.

dundonians themselves are raging at whats happened and to be honest i wouldnt care if radio 1 never came back to this part of the world again

Quoting Sid from 20:48, 11th May 2006

I've heard that in Dundee (not including surrounding areas) that only 400 pairs of tickets were given out, the reason being that it will boost business in Dundee especially for hotels. Apparently drink prices and taxi prices are going up. It's such a shame that such an event is being held under the noses of the Dundee people and very little are getting to take part. I did apply for a ticket but used my Dundee address, part of me thinks that if I'd put down my St Andrews address I might have stood a better chance. Due to exams I wouldn't have been able to go anyway, but I know a few friends who I could have passed the tickets on to. Well, R1 can shove it up their arse.

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Thu May 11, 2006 9:16 pm

Quoting Sid from 20:48, 11th May 2006

accoridng to the Radio 1 website the majority were given to people in Dundee and in total 85% were given to scotland.

but what is frustrating is that people who applied for tickets but aren't going becasue of exams, its selfish to all those people who entered because they CAN go.
i did enter and yes i have exams on the saturday and sunday but they are only first year and how many opportunities do you get to go to a FREE festival
lizzie_liz

Re:

Postby Cain on Thu May 11, 2006 10:01 pm

I entered with my Aberdeen address and I didn't win.

in truth, I wasn't expecting much, but it might have been a nice birthday present

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board