Home

TheSinner.net

The best hair-dresser in St Andrews?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

The best hair-dresser in St Andrews?

Postby Queenia on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Hey I fancy having a hairdo, I know the price is generally high, so I hope to have a nice one with relatively reasonable price.
Any suggestions for that?

Thank you!!!

PS.. I'm a girl with long hair...
Queenia

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:56 pm

There are numerous threads on this topic only a few pages previous. I think the concensus is generally the same, in that everyone has differing opinions.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37101440
box_of_delights

Re:

Postby Scully on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:50 am

Cheapest is Hair by Oliver. If you get Oliver himself he's good. Charged me £16 for cut and blowdry and £10 the last time I went before I left st A.
Scully

Re:

Postby Idealist on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:56 am

I didn't really like Oliver's, I have been twice and was dissappointed both times...and both times the lady admitted that she didn't really know what she was doing!

So I have been saving my pennies and started going to Spohie Butler. They are amazing, I have loved every cut & colour I have had. The service is really good and its generally a nice experience!

Good luck!

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Charlie Taylor

Postby Clemmie on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:41 am

Def the best hairdresser here :)
Clemmie

Re:

Postby flossy on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 pm

Charlie Taylor has always been too spensive for me.

When I went to Oliver's, they made me look like a boy. Not good.

Dynamic hair were actually really pricey although they look cheap from the outside. I wasn't pleased with my cut or colour. not good. Plus they let a cat wander around the salon. I'm really not keen on cats.

John Alan (sp?) are ok but again not cheap.

I love Sophie Butler's, good value for money and if the stylist isn't sure what you want, she'll get a senior stylist to do it for the same price once she's got started. it's really good value for money. Ask for Judith. She cuts hair really well and when she washes your hair, gives the best head massage I have ever experienced. I almost fell asleep I was so relaxed!

[hr]

www.myspace.com/rocksocfloss
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Scully on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:56 am

Yes, if you go to Oliver's make sure you ask for Oliver himself to cut your hair!
Scully

Re:

Postby Gealle on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:30 am

Yeh. I can sýde wýth Olývers. As a guy - wasted and fuckýng rat arsed ýn turkey. but stýll a guy - ýve never had anythýng but a good haýr cut there. just book well ýn advance.

Quoting scully from 11:56, 7th Jul 2006
Yes, if you go to Oliver's make sure you ask for Oliver himself to cut your hair!
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Foxy Moron on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:39 pm

Yup, I second this! Definately try to get Judith, she's awesome.

I love Sophie Butler's, good value for money and if the stylist isn't sure what you want, she'll get a senior stylist to do it for the same price once she's got started. it's really good value for money. Ask for Judith. She cuts hair really well and when she washes your hair, gives the best head massage I have ever experienced. I almost fell asleep I was so relaxed!

[hr]

www.myspace.com/rocksocfloss[/quote]

[hr]

Eating chocolate makes your clothes shrink.
Foxy Moron

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:54 pm

box_of_delights

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:08 pm

I have said this before but I like Sophie Butlers and Kirstyn is lovely! She finally managed to give me the haircut that no one else could do - simply because no other hairdresser knew how to work with hair as long as mine. She's a star! :)
harmless loony

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:55 pm

There is nowhere decent for blokes in St Andrews unfortunately.

During my four years I went to:

Johns
Barber's Pole
Olivers
Hugh Farquar

They were all crap. Judging by the staff of RBS St Andrews, they don't do decent haircuts in Scotland. Jeez, I mean look at Gail Porter.

[hr]

'If something has to change then it always does'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby jpm on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:38 pm

wots charlie taylor like price wise for cut n style for a guy
jpm

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:18 am

Dearer than Sophie B's and the place is always empty with like two members of staff working. Lacks atmosphere, unless you like the spartan feel.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37101440
box_of_delights

Re:

Postby Queenia on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:11 pm

The emptiest barbars shop I've ever seen is that Sun-tan-drews. The staffs have nothing to do but standing at the entrance and smoking

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37107784
Queenia

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:08 am

how pricey is charlie taylors for a guys cut n style roughly?

olivers international

Postby sue thompson on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:15 pm

i've been getting my hair done here for years, if oliver does the consultation which he does on request..the results are always great...cut, colour whatever..
and well priced.
I come up from the Lakes every 8 weeks to see family and always book an appointment.
sue thompson

Re:

Postby careba2010 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:13 pm

I got a friend to do mine when she was visiting me for the weekend, and she did a good job of it. Even though she was worried my Mother would kill her, when she sees in two weeks that her daughters hair is a good 6 inches shorter than in Jan. But it was FREE so that was an added bonus:- so my best advice is get a first year historian from the Uni of York to cut your hair they are cheap and good
careba2010

Return to The Sinner's Main Board