Home

TheSinner.net

Transformers

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Transformers

Postby Rectalprobe on Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:22 pm

OH MY GOD

DID ANYONE ELSE GO TO TONIGHT OR YESTERDAYS PRE SCREENING???

WE HAVE A PICTURE OF THECENTURY CANDIDATE HERE!!!!!!

SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!
Rectalprobe

Re:

Postby McNugget on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:01 pm

It was so awesome, i've thrown away all my career plans and decided to attempt to become an autobot!

I wasn't expecting it to be that good, but wow.
McNugget

Re:

Postby McNugget on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:02 pm

It was so awesome, i've thrown away all my career plans and decided to attempt to become an autobot!

I wasn't expecting it to be that good, but wow.
McNugget

Re:

Postby threekings on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:14 pm

One of the shittest films I have ever seen. Boring as hell. There should have been alot more of the transformers beating the crap out of each other. It was basically a comedy.

DMA
threekings

Re:

Postby Telinar on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:10 pm

I loved it! It also contained my favourite line from any film ever, which is marvellous when taken out of context.

[hr]

http://telinar-beln.deviantart.com or http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105240
Telinar

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:16 pm

The special effects and some of the funnier bits are what make the film. Though some of the one liners I could have done without, Optimus saying "My bad" or Frenzy saying "Shit" for example. And the robots were so detailed I couldn't focus on them half the time! During the fight scenes they were just a big swirling jumble of metal which was distracting. A good film though, very enjoyable.

EDIT: Maybe this comic strikes a chord with some people:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/070723.jpg

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Raindance on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:33 pm

Needed less people. There were very few of them in the cartoons so I don't see the need for them.

Fucking people.

P.S. Otherwise it was pretty good and Peter Cullen is a legend.

[hr]

Raindance, i apologise if i've pissed you off

- Big X
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby Gealle on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:35 pm

Fucking people.

More of that PARTICULAR kind of person practising in the movie would have created an unique Transformers experience.

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Thackary on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:54 pm

I saw it this morning, and really enjoyed it.

I'll agree with the comment about the distracting fight scenes - whether it was the amount of detail, or the "look at us, we can do computer effects while whizzing the camera around all over the place" camera angles, I'm not sure.

I lost interest part-way through the big street fight, as I couldn't follow the action, though I can't deny that there were a few scenes that looked amazing.

The continuity errors were quite distracting (day to night in 10 seconds; the spectacles in Optimus Prime's hand seeming the same size as Sam and Michaela) but Michael Bay redeemed himself with the "pop the hood, let's have a look" scene.[img]littleicons/crying.gif[/img]
Thackary

Re:

Postby Raindog on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:31 pm

Kinda funny at the start then pish. A redeaming factor would have been if that hot bit of ass got her chabs out and the atobots double teamed her. Wooooahhh stop the bus. Predictable american claptrap that takes away more than it offer. I.e an hour and a half of my life that i wopn't get back . Fucking shite. C mon Ken loach wahey
Raindog

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:48 pm

Bah, saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Was never that into Transformers myself, and didn't know the mythos, characters or whatnot...

But I thought it was really good in an exceedingly cheesy and 'low plot' kind of way. In fact, it was one of the better films I've seen in a long time. Tremendously good fun. A bit busy, visually, at some times. I mean: The 'cityfight' might've been better at night (would've looked less confused with the TFs being more distinct with their lights on).

All in all, it was really good, really fun. I laughed alot, it was great. Tremendous! A good film that wasn't too ambitious with anything in particular.

"My bad..."

(Product placement was horrendously amusing though!)

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:08 pm

SPOILERS...ish

Yeah...it really didn't need the stereotypical love-interest. But then I got the overall impression that they were trying to appeal to just about as many demographics as they could manage - they went a little haywire, imho.

Goddamn, there weren't enough Transformers in Transformers. Also, I really really liked the subtle way that they introduced the Decepticons. And the way Prime mentioned that the Decepticons were evil. Well, with a name like that...
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby JustPeachy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:47 pm

I was waiting for the original theme through it. Wasn't the same without the 'robots in disguise' magic music.
JustPeachy

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:49 am

More than meets the eye...

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:17 am

It was trying to be an action film and a comedy (with an element of awkward teeny rom-com mixed in) which resulted in it being overlong and a bit flabby. Lots of fun bits though.

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102114
Dave the Explosive Newt

Return to The Sinner's Main Board