Home

TheSinner.net

Which is more important to have in a flat?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Which is more important to have in a flat?

Postby MJC on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:10 pm

My flatmate and I cannot agree on whether it is more important to have a washing machine or a dishwasher in the flat. It would be interesting to guage student opinion on this matter.
MJC

Re:

Postby CheeseDaddy on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:20 pm

If I had to choose I'd definitly pick a washing machine, spending a few mins a day washing dishes isnt really a major problem in the grand scheme of things. Whereas I can see having to send out to get clothes cleaned could be.

Quoting MJC from 14:10, 23rd Apr 2008
My flatmate and I cannot agree on whether it is more important to have a washing machine or a dishwasher in the flat. It would be interesting to guage student opinion on this matter.
CheeseDaddy

Re:

Postby niall on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Quoting CheeseDaddy from 14:20, 23rd Apr 2008
Whereas I can see having to send out to get clothes cleaned could be.

back in t'day, when there was a laundry at the union, my flatmate and I would make a day of it. take our stuff in before lunch, have food from beatons, then booze while we waited on the laundry. fun times :D
niall

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Clearly a dishwasher is more important, who wants to have to use disposable plates every day?

question

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:11 pm

I don't understand, if your clothes or dishes get dirty why don't you just buy new stuff?

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:19 pm

It's a fucking no brainer. It takes a huge amount of manual effort or a continual output in funding to clean clothes without a machine. Dishes are a piece of piss to clean dry and put away.

Which one of you says the dishwasher is more important?

Then again if you lived in my flat you'd be on one of two sides of a battle. Theres me on one side, who is actually capable of stacking a dishwasher properly, and theres my housemates. Bless them I love them all dearly with all my heart, who are incapable of doing so in some way or another.

The dishwasher may be a site for my OCD to play out, but things will not wash if you put them in sideways instead of facing down.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.thismanwillkillyou.com/avatars/tb3-100.jpg
Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
-Welcome to The Sinner. Sorry about your thin skin.
Duggeh

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Quoting Duggeh from 15:19, 23rd Apr 2008
The dishwasher may be a site for my OCD to play out, but things will not wash if you put them in sideways instead of facing down.

That all depends on how good your dishwasher is ;)

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Wonderboy on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:47 pm

A dishwasher is not so important as a washing machine.
How 'bout the power to kill a yak? from two hundred yards away!
with mind bullets!
Wonderboy

Re:

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:57 pm

What the deuce? What type of dishwasher do you have? I've never seen one that will work with the dishes facing down. Every dishwasher I've ever seen has built in racks so the dishes can be stacked in sideways. If you set them in faced down, they'd just stick together and only the eating surface of the bottom dish would get clean...

[hr]

Self-control is the chief element of self-respect; self-respect is the chief element of courage. - Thucydides
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Re:

Postby MJC on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:01 pm

It's a fucking no brainer. It takes a huge amount of manual effort or a continual output in funding to clean clothes without a machine. Dishes are a piece of piss to clean dry and put away.

Which one of you says the dishwasher is more important?

Then again if you lived in my flat you'd be on one of two sides of a battle. Theres me on one side, who is actually capable of stacking a dishwasher properly, and theres my housemates. Bless them I love them all dearly with all my heart, who are incapable of doing so in some way or another.

[hr]

I say that the washing machine is more important. The thing is my flatmate doesn't wash his clothes, so a washing machine isn't such an issue to him, and does not want to use disposable plates and cutlery again next year.
MJC

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:05 pm

[s]
What the deuce? What type of dishwasher do you have? I've never seen one that will work with the dishes facing down. Every dishwasher I've ever seen has built in racks so the dishes can be stacked in sideways. If you set them in faced down, they'd just stick together and only the eating surface of the bottom dish would get clean...
[/s]

He's talking about our pans rather than the plates.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Quoting Thalia from 17:05, 23rd Apr 2008
[s]
What the deuce? What type of dishwasher do you have? I've never seen one that will work with the dishes facing down. Every dishwasher I've ever seen has built in racks so the dishes can be stacked in sideways. If you set them in faced down, they'd just stick together and only the eating surface of the bottom dish would get clean...[/s]

He's ranting about our pans rather than the plates.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...

Fixed that for you.

[hr]

Duggeh

Re:

Postby Senethro on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:13 pm

Have hte people in this flat lived on their own before?

This is a serious no-brainer.
Senethro

The real question...

Postby Rrrr on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:29 pm

[hr]

Splat!
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Re:

Postby the Empress on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:21 pm

You're so anal.

Quoting Duggeh from 17:40, 23rd Apr 2008
Quoting Thalia from 17:05, 23rd Apr 2008
[s]
What the deuce? What type of dishwasher do you have? I've never seen one that will work with the dishes facing down. Every dishwasher I've ever seen has built in racks so the dishes can be stacked in sideways. If you set them in faced down, they'd just stick together and only the eating surface of the bottom dish would get clean...[/s]

He's ranting about our pans rather than the plates.

[hr]

Fixed that for you.

[hr]

the Empress

Return to The Sinner's Main Board