Home

TheSinner.net

Olympic medal standings

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Olympic medal standings

Postby munchingfoo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:01 pm

When did team GB get so good? 3rd!!!

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/I ... 0000.shtml

P.S.

Watch the men's 200m track final on Wednesday at 3:05PM. Assuming no injuries or disqualifications you will witness the fastest man on earth destroy the world record. His name? Bolt...

[hr]

"The entirety of these definitions lie outside the gamut of the sRGB color space — such a pure color cannot be represented using RGB primaries. The color swatch to the right is a desaturated approximation, created by taking the centroid of the standard definition and moving it towards the D65 white point, until it meets the sRGB gamut triangle."
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Are Team GB likely to continue like this?

Or have most of their medal hopefuls competed already?

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:37 pm

I think there's atleast a couple more to come. Men's sailing hasn't return any results yet.

[hr]

"The entirety of these definitions lie outside the gamut of the sRGB color space — such a pure color cannot be represented using RGB primaries. The color swatch to the right is a desaturated approximation, created by taking the centroid of the standard definition and moving it towards the D65 white point, until it meets the sRGB gamut triangle."
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby What? on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Sailing returned Ben Ainslie with gold this morning.

We should get the men's cycling on Monday/Tuesday and Idowu should triple jump to glory. I struggle to see where any other medals will come though. Andy Baddeley in the 1500? Perhaps Ohorugu in the women's 400.

But it's been a cracking weekend to watch!
What?

Re:

Postby liliputian on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Isn't there some BMX girl too?

[hr]

i know you want the sin but not the sinner...

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Proud as hell. Likely to fall though but we can hope for the best ^_^

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:26 pm

We've already got more gold medals than at any Games since Antwerp in 1920, so it's all progressing most satisfactorily.

[hr]

Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby proud Brit on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Come on Britain!!! Finally things are looking promising for London 2012
proud Brit

Re:

Postby Tigger on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:28 pm

I think COME ON SCOTLAND, should be a more fitting cheer for the Olympic Squad.

[hr]

My Wings Are Like A Shield of Steel...
(Claire Raynor)
(Claire Raynor)
Tigger

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Why are they mostly Scots?

[hr]

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby ct3012 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Because they are 1337...
But then again, I could just be saying that to annoy people...
ct3012

Re:

Postby househunter on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:49 pm

The man of the moment is. Chris Hoy.

You normally get a KBE or peerage for winning 2 gold medals at one games, what is he going to get, a blowjob from the Queen?
househunter

Re:

Postby Andy Monkey B on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Quoting househunter from 21:49, 19th Aug 2008
The man of the moment is. Chris Hoy.

You normally get a KBE or peerage for winning 2 gold medals at one games, what is he going to get, a blowjob from the Queen?

Would that be Mr Christopher Hoy BJReg?
Andy Monkey B

Re:

Postby southerner on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Quoting Tigger from 17:28, 19th Aug 2008

Where do you get that retarded idea from? Most of the present GB gold medal winners are from the London area or surrounding areas. Scotland? Pfft.
southerner

Re:

Postby MJC on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Quoting southerner from 18:06, 19th Aug 2008
Quoting Tigger from 17:28, 19th Aug 2008

Where do you get that retarded idea from? Most of the present GB gold medal winners are from the London area or surrounding areas. Scotland? Pfft.

I think that you will find that all the gold medal cyclists reside in Manchester or the surrounding areas.

On another note; are people aware of the fact Chris Hoy studies at St Andrews, albeit briefly, before moving to Edinburgh where he was able to focus on his cycling.
MJC

Re:

Postby Tigger on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:08 am

It's not a retarded Idea at all.
Hoy is the man. And its a real sport. Not like sailing. Any Fatty can do sailing.

[hr]

(Claire Raynor)
(Claire Raynor)
Tigger

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:07 am

Most of the GB gold medalists are English. More Welsh than Scots too. Hoy is a machine though.

[hr]

Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby irish200 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:09 am

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 02:07, 20th Aug 2008
Most of the GB gold medalists are English. More Welsh than Scots too. Hoy is a machine though.

[hr]

Who gives a fuck. We are all British. It's team GB for a reason.
irish200

Re:

Postby Freaker on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:54 am

How lovely. A thread that starts out talking about how successful the GB team has been recently attracts all the closet patriots who are all of a sudden proud of something that has fairly little relation to them, to finally deterioate into the whole "but hey, they're from MY part of the country."

And over all of that you were worried that the 2012 Olympics will suck. No they won't, but get that small-minded thinking off the table first.

[hr]

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Re:

Postby proud Brit on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:29 am

Quoting Freaker from 04:54, 20th Aug 2008
How lovely. A thread that starts out talking about how successful the GB team has been recently attracts all the closet patriots who are all of a sudden proud of something that has fairly little relation to them, to finally deterioate into the whole "but hey, they're from MY part of the country."

And over all of that you were worried that the 2012 Olympics will suck. No they won't, but get that small-minded thinking off the table first.

Actually I am not a closet patriot, I support Britain in things other than sport, it just happens that I know a few of the people lucky enough to compete in Beijing (plus a few that didn't make it :( ). I was just trying to share that enthusiasm with the sinner crowd. And is this really the time to bring regional sentiments into the equation? Team GB have given an awesome performance, lets recognise that and give them the glory they deserve whichever part of Great Britain they come from.

As for my sentiments on London 2012, I am looking forward to it and am just glad that for all the negative press it receives perhaps now people will start looking forward to it rather than slating it all the time.
proud Brit

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board