Home

TheSinner.net

Music me, please.

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby theshadowhost on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Quoting cannulae from 09:36, 30th Aug 2008

Pendulum = music for people who don't like music.

????

Quoting oli from 02:03, 30th Aug 2008

If you're after new music, I would also recommend you take a look at www.hypem.com - either pick and choose from the most recent blog posts, or type in an artist name to find out what's been talked about in the last few weeks. Chances are, if you like the stuff you search for, the blogs you'll find will list something else that might pique your interest. Give it a try.

maybe i'm an idiot by i can never really work hypemachine out - it lists a bunch of stuff badly and i never really find anything useful/that i like. Maybe i just need to spend more than five minutes on the site though.
[hr]

theshadowhost

Re:

Postby Legion on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Search for a band. Find the title of a song you'd like, then click on "read full post". It'll take you to the blog that features the MP3 you're after. If it's a recent post, the link in the blog might still be valid, and you'll be able to download the MP3 as a sampler for buying the album.
Legion

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:14 pm

The first sign that someone doesn't know anything about music is when they say music is subjective. It isn't. It is objective. Try studying it for a while. You will see this "you can have you own opinion if it's good or not lolz!!!" is bullshit.

Re:

Postby Legion on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Same goes for art.
If you don't like it, you're wrong.

Come on, people. Think about it.
Legion

Re:

Postby Artist on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:35 pm

Quoting legion from 00:41, 2nd Sep 2008
Same goes for art.
If you don't like it, you're wrong.

Come on, people. Think about it.

Quoting from 17:27, 1st Sep 2008
The first sign that someone doesn't know anything about music is when they say music is subjective. It isn't. It is objective. Try studying it for a while. You will see this "you can have you own opinion if it's good or not lolz!!!" is bullshit.

You have to be profoundly unintelligent to believe these sorts of statements. Art (which music is a form of) is nothing but subjective. There is no universally accepted fundamentals that something has to have to be considered art. Music has to have notes? No. Music has to have musical instruments? No. Music has to be approved as good by a committee of experts? No. You can't objectify something that depends on individual taste and interpretation.
Artist

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board