Home

TheSinner.net

Unisex toilets

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Unisex toilets

Postby Si on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:28 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7643175.stm

A row has broken out at the University of Manchester after its students' union toilets were "de-gendered".

Temporary signs have made the "ladies" simply "toilets", while the "gents" have become "toilets with urinals".

The changes are in response to an unspecified number of complaints from trans students who are uncomfortable using the men's toilets.

This is ridiculous. How did I end up at this university? Any chance that St. Andrews will take me back???
Si

Re: Unisex toilets

Postby Jos Dad on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:49 pm

At the old union in St Andrews, because it had grown from the union of mens and ladies union, we had a ladies cloakroom at the west end, a mens cloakroom at the east end, and a unisex facility in the middle (behind "Old Union Reception). THere is very little new under the sun.
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Postby Thackary on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:57 pm

Wow, news stories about toilets.

I think they should either label the toilets "Female friendly", or not label the toilets at all. Surely it's derogatory to label something?
Thackary

Postby Duggeh on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 am

They're uncomfortable using the mens toilets?

How do they feel about using the ladies toilets?

I myself feel uncomfortable using any public toilet, I demand that a separate toilet be installed just for me.
Duggeh

Return to The Sinner's Main Board