Home

TheSinner.net

War of the Worlds

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

War of the Worlds

Postby bdw on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Really enjoying this on Star at the moment - congratulations to those responsible (Mermaids I think). I wouldn't say I'm fleeing the office in panic but it's been very well put together and is an ingenious use of student radio. Loving the varying success of the cast in wrestling with the American accents too - it's like Deliverance meets Sense and Sensibility...
bdw

Re: War of the Worlds

Postby David Bean on Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 am

Would it be possible to access these broadcasts at a later date? For obvious reasons I've not been following it, but I'd very much like to hear it given the opportunity.
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Postby Fawksie on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:23 am

Unfortunately, we aren't licensed to repackage our output in the form of podcasts or other such downloadable recordings, we pay for live broadcast only.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby David Bean on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Fawksie wrote:Unfortunately, we aren't licensed to repackage our output in the form of podcasts or other such downloadable recordings, we pay for live broadcast only.

I don't get it: if you're only broadcasting over the internet, why would you need any kind of license whatsoever to to make available for download content that is not, as far as I'm aware, covered by any current copyright?
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Postby Fawksie on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:58 pm

David Bean wrote:
Fawksie wrote:Unfortunately, we aren't licensed to repackage our output in the form of podcasts or other such downloadable recordings, we pay for live broadcast only.

I don't get it: if you're only broadcasting over the internet, why would you need any kind of license whatsoever to to make available for download content that is not, as far as I'm aware, covered by any current copyright?

Ah, good point, actually. I forgot what the subject was and just gave the standard explanation. The production of War of the Worlds could indeed be rebroadcast, provided there was no music in it.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Senethro on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:55 pm

Make it so!
Senethro

Postby www.standrewsradio.com on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:26 pm

Going back to the original subject of this post... due in part to public demand, but mostly because Thursday 30th of October is the 70th Anniversary of its first ever broadcast, STAR will be repeating Mermaids Presents... War of the Worlds at 8PM.

That is Thursday 30th of October at 8PM for the repeat of Mermaids Presents... War of the Worlds.

Hope that appeases the critics.
www.standrewsradio.com

War of the Worlds

Postby standrewsradio.com on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:30 pm

STAR's own version of the controversial radio play will air again tonight at 8pm on www.standrewsradio.com.

Just a heads up.
standrewsradio.com

Postby Paulio on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:17 pm

This is actually really good- loving the fuzzy dead air after aliens have started to attack. Bravo to those who're involved.
Paulio

Return to The Sinner's Main Board