Home

TheSinner.net

I'm Drunk

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

I'm Drunk

Postby Gealle on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:37 am

And on hliday. And i fucking deserve it.

who else is runkd?
Gealle

Re: I'm Drunk

Postby Duggeh on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:39 am

Nope, although I may have a small glass of port before bed what what.
Duggeh

Postby James.C. on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:47 am

slightly, was appreciating the jazz in the byre tonight.
James.C.

Postby Gubbins on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:06 am

I'm hungover - does that count?
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Postby Blueswater on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:24 pm

James.C. wrote:slightly, was appreciating the jazz in the byre tonight.

Come appreciate the blues on weds too!! :)
"If you don't think you got the blues, just keep on livin" - Buddy Guy

http://www.myspace.com/richardkclark
http://www.myspace.com/blueswater2008
Blueswater

Postby James.C. on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:42 pm

Blueswater wrote:

Considered it many a time. I regularly go to the jazz, take it you play in the blues then?
James.C.

Postby Hennessy on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:18 am

I'm in the waking twilight zone between drunkeness and a hangover. I've mispelled every word in the previous sentence and I think the word "sentence" begins with a "c". Drunkeness is never a cause, gealle, just a sympton. With that well-known plagiarised nugget I must leave you.

all.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby Frank on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:37 am

I think what Hennessy is trying to say is

Alcohol: The ause of and solution to all life's probems!

Yes, I believe I've enjoyed the entire bottle of Vodka this evening. On the upside I've had a fine night. Nothing wrong, no-one offended, a few new friends made and a perfectly pleasant evening spread out over a long time with lots of folks. If there's anything that speaks well of someone, it's the ability to be up at half-five in the morning and say "I've had a good night" and mean it sincerely.

Regardless of Dan's aspersions about 5-o'clock specials!
Frank

Postby Duggeh on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:03 am

I've been having one more drink since 11pm and its not gone past 7 in the morning.

Clearly, I am teh awesome.

Should I take this oppertunity to go 2 days with no sleep for the first time?
Duggeh

Postby Senethro on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 am

You never pulled an all-nighter before? Or are you just wanting to go further into the void and get mroe of those strange little quivers, mild delusions and confusion that occurs?
Senethro

Postby Blueswater on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:18 am

James.C. wrote:
Blueswater wrote:

Considered it many a time. I regularly go to the jazz, take it you play in the blues then?

I sure do!

We play chilled out blues every wednesday in the Byre, its alot of fun and goes down pretty well. Shame not many people know about it because the people who do see us say that more people should come! The Byre do some good drinks deals so its a good place to hang out on a weds :)

BluesWater is the name of our band. On Weds we have 3 guitarists (1 rhythm, 2 lead), trumpet (courtesy of David Graves) and piano (courtesy of Cameron Rochette who you will recognise from the jazz nights!). We do mostly covers of blues songs, including some slide guitar (my responsibility!) and a couple of chilled out rock covers too.

Come along and bring your friends!

Blueswater

Postby RandomMusings on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:27 am

Sertainly is amuzing to sea tha nubmer of spilling mistooks in thsi thREd.
Muste bea simething 2 do wiht all this drunking going on....

Hmmm... what?
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Postby James.C. on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:57 am

Blueswater wrote:I sure do!

We play chilled out blues every wednesday in the Byre, its alot of fun and goes down pretty well. Shame not many people know about it because the people who do see us say that more people should come! The Byre do some good drinks deals so its a good place to hang out on a weds :)

BluesWater is the name of our band. On Weds we have 3 guitarists (1 rhythm, 2 lead), trumpet (courtesy of David Graves) and piano (courtesy of Cameron Rochette who you will recognise from the jazz nights!). We do mostly covers of blues songs, including some slide guitar (my responsibility!) and a couple of chilled out rock covers too.

I usually go with a housemate to the jazz who is heavily into it. I don't know Cameron personally but i know of him via other people. Are you still going ahead to play this Wednesday or are you not playing due to reading week? If so i will mention it to my housemate and see if he is keen.
James.C.

Postby Hennessy on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:53 am

RandomMusings wrote:Sertainly is amuzing to sea tha nubmer of spilling mistooks in thsi thREd.
Muste bea simething 2 do wiht all this drunking going on....

Hmmm... what?

My post is impeccably spelled, even in drunkeness bad spelling horrifies me...

(that's why it took me so long to write that post, if memory serves, I had to keep going back and unscrambling words)
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby Blueswater on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:45 pm

James.C. wrote:

I usually go with a housemate to the jazz who is heavily into it. I don't know Cameron personally but i know of him via other people. Are you still going ahead to play this Wednesday or are you not playing due to reading week? If so i will mention it to my housemate and see if he is keen.

Oh cool man.

Yeah we're playing this Weds, but without our lead singer as he is with his family. But we should be able to rustle up someone else to take his place no problem!

We have a myspace as of last night, check it out http://www.myspace.com/blueswater2008

Hope to see you on Weds!

:)

Blueswater

Postby diamond_dan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Frank wrote:I think what Hennessy is trying to say is

Alcohol: The ause of and solution to all life's probems!

Yes, I believe I've enjoyed the entire bottle of Vodka this evening. On the upside I've had a fine night. Nothing wrong, no-one offended, a few new friends made and a perfectly pleasant evening spread out over a long time with lots of folks. If there's anything that speaks well of someone, it's the ability to be up at half-five in the morning and say "I've had a good night" and mean it sincerely.

Regardless of Dan's aspersions about 5-o'clock specials!

hahahaha man its no longer the 5 o'clock special - its now the 6:37 specials :P
diamond_dan

Postby James.C. on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 am

Blueswater wrote:
James.C. wrote:

Oh cool man.

Yeah we're playing this Weds, but without our lead singer as he is with his family. But we should be able to rustle up someone else to take his place no problem!

We have a myspace as of last night, check it out http://www.myspace.com/blueswater2008

Hope to see you on Weds!

:)

Shame due to lack of turnout, there was only about 12 people there, about 3 actually listening to the blues. Guess thats just reading week though, you guys were good.
James.C.

Postby Craig on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:14 am

I'm nowhere as drunk as I should be :(
Craig

Postby Frank on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:08 am

diamond_dan wrote:hahahaha man its no longer the 5 o'clock special - its now the 6:37 specials :P

Keeping up the summer spirits, I'm now watching "Nevermind the Buzzcocks" at stupid o'clock (before Pi time[3:14]) in the morning. Unfortunately (or fortunately) there's no-one having sex directly upstairs. Well, I say upstairs, but as there's nothing above this room, that's hardly surprising. Rather, the converse'd be suprising.

Anyhow

I'm drinking a bottle of wine too. By the end, probably drunk, but I'll be going to sleep, so not to worry!
Last edited by Frank on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank

Postby Blueswater on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:17 am

James.C. wrote:
Shame due to lack of turnout, there was only about 12 people there, about 3 actually listening to the blues. Guess thats just reading week though, you guys were good.
[/quote]

Haha yeah, thanks man. We weren't actually good but you are very kind! You should have come and said hello! Were you one of the guys playing chess? I was playing the strat.

Our rhythm guitarist/lead singer is away this week so we had to make do with my fellow lead guitarist doing his best! I also made my vocal debut near the end singing a Townes Van Zandt song. So compared to our usual standard it was sadly lacking. Usually our bandmate sings and we do dual guitar solos playing off each other which is alot of fun and sounds pretty good. But oh well! We muddled through.

We rated that gig a 5/10 and usually the Byre gig is a 8 or 9/10 :? so i urge you to visit us once again and bring your friends and spread the word! The more people there the better we play!

See you again soon

Cheers :)

Blueswater

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board