Home

TheSinner.net

Boys at the Bop

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re: Boys at the Bop

Postby Delts on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Well I don't /have/ to be on stage for it to happen but still.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby crystalclear on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:32 pm

i personally have only ever had problems with girls at the bop. I tell you, when a girl steps on your foot in her high heels, thats a wound that doesn't heal overnight. But this at least is an accident. Twice now I have been at the bop with my boyfriend, (i am gay), and we have had girls taking pictures of us dancing together/kissing. We're not so naive that we don't expect a certain amount of stares and people looking twice, but to actually take pictures?

At least groping has the potential to make you feel a little wanted, better that than to feel like a circus freak.
crystalclear

Postby the Empress on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:19 am

I'm really shocked that someone took pictures. Those girls are obviously rude freaks. High heel wounds are very painful, it's true. . . . . but the groping problem I tend to notice is in the non-student bars, where older men grope when you walk past. Also the attitude towards the grope-ee. I have a friend who complains that this kind of thing only happens when she's with me - the implication, it seems, that it's the grope-ee's fault. Grr.
the Empress

Postby James.C. on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:59 am

i personally have taken more damage when "jump around" comes on and some huge bloke lands right on my ankle. Happened several times and the worst time i actually had to go home because i was in so much pain.
James.C.

Postby Delts on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:31 pm

With regards to the photo taking I find it very odd when girls decide to take photos of me when I'm glass collecting. Doesn't happen often but what gets me is that they don't even converse whilst I'm stood there. The number of me with a stupid look on my face must be massive.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Duggeh on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:14 am

A small japanese girl wanted her picture taken with me in the bop once.

Although it was Halloween.

Duggeh

Postby eagle on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:54 pm

That's not the Bop Dugeh!
eagle

Postby Duggeh on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Closest there was the year I was 8.
Duggeh

Postby Jono on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:27 pm

eagle wrote:That's not the Bop Dugeh!

It isn't? Then where the hell was I last friday?
Jono

Postby RandomMusings on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Jono wrote:
eagle wrote:That's not the Bop Dugeh!

It isn't? Then where the hell was I last friday?

God knows... The Union was shut!
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Postby gee us a swatch on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:07 am

actual 100% fact, no joking i once actually got balls naked at the bop once and pissed all over the dancefloor. no one seemed to mind... i think groping is the leaSt of your worries when theres cowboys like me riding around town. YEEHAA! X
gee us a swatch

Postby bigdirtybopper on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:54 pm

"Some have even gone as far as to tell me that they will not go to the bop unless completely surrounded by friends "

why would u go to the bop by yourself anyway? can i just say only in a place like st andrews would the girls be worried about a bit of playful banter and some harmles bum squeezeing, u munters should get yoursels across the water to dundee where the literally take bites out your front bums, hows that for inapproriate.

relax, have a laugh, we all know ur gagging for it u filthy little reptiles! xxx
bigdirtybopper

Postby eagle on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:59 pm

What does that even mean?
eagle

Postby Senethro on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Alcohol, a different social context and relative anonymity make people into cunts.

But thats hardly headline news.
Senethro

Postby SpidersfromMars on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:30 pm

bigdirtybopper wrote:"Some have even gone as far as to tell me that they will not go to the bop unless completely surrounded by friends "

why would u go to the bop by yourself anyway? can i just say only in a place like st andrews would the girls be worried about a bit of playful banter and some harmles bum squeezeing, u munters should get yoursels across the water to dundee where the literally take bites out your front bums, hows that for inapproriate.

relax, have a laugh, we all know ur gagging for it u filthy little reptiles! xxx

SpidersfromMars

Postby Mr_Big_Dave on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:05 pm

Guest wrote:Hey folks, just so you know I work as doorstaff at the union, and we are all sick and tired of the groping too. The problem, as many others have pointed out, is that the bop is dark, smoky, and fully of bodys; in short, we cannot see small actions like groping. Fights we can deal with, but this sort of behaviour is virtually impossible to notice unless we happen to be looking right at the offender at the time.

That said, we can and do watch people we know to be 'pests' very closely, and where possible remove them from the premesis and refer them to the SRC for banning. So, an appleal: if you see anyone touching other members innapropriately, or you yourself are touched, PLEASE come and tell us. We will watch the person very closely, and if we notice any further innapopriate behaviour they will be removed and reported. Also, if multiple people report someobody we will again take action against the offender. Please remember though that we have to be fair to everbody, so we can't throw them out immediately - we do need some proof!

Finally, if you're as pissed off as we are, then next time you are groped and the person who does it is removed, stick around and give us your details. If we can get witnesses, it makes it much easeir for us to take more serious action against people.

Proof? It isn't a court of law. Balance of probability is good enough. If the girl is hysterical, and the alledged offender is intoxicated, the guy has to go. See my post on the first page of this thread.
Mr_Big_Dave

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board