Home

TheSinner.net

James Tiberius Kirk

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

James Tiberius Kirk

Postby Aureliano on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:28 pm

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

Trailer 2: Discuss...

Destined to head into the worst areas of J. J. Abrams' Lost-style narrative storytelling, and ultimately disappoint? Simply pretty pop entertainment to draw in wider audiences, but painfully lacking in characterisation for those DS9 fanboys out there?

Or potentially the best theatrical release since ST VI: The Undiscovered Country?

I'm personally quite looking forward to it.
Aureliano

Re: James Tiberius Kirk

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

As a MASSIVE sci-fi fan, and especially so a Star Trek fan, i was largely sceptical when my brother called me the other night to announce that the Star Trek 11 trailer had been leaked.

However, i still think it's going to kick some major ass.

Postby Frank on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:24 pm

I'm tentatively excited about it. I can see plenty of opportunities for it to be a big heap of rubbish, but similarly I imagine there's alot of possibilities for it to be great.

Ho well, something to think about in the meantime.

Frank

Postby Senethro on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:45 pm

First I've heard of this, but let me get this straight.

Instead of re-inventing the same show like the previous 4 times, they're now literally just remaking the first show again?

Adama would never put up with this shit.
Senethro

Postby Timata on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Senethro wrote:First I've heard of this, but let me get this straight.

Instead of re-inventing the same show like the previous 4 times, they're now literally just remaking the first show again?

Adama would never put up with this shit.

I think its more making a prelude to the first show (or second prelude I suppose, after Enterprise) - which is actually kind of like Razor was a prelude to Battlestar (so Adama did put up with similar).

Anyway, looks pretty good...but not going to get excited quite yet (9th May 2009 sounds like exam time to me and thats not something I want to look forward to).
Timata

Postby Rifleman on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:30 am

Lose the few fanboys, bring in the mass audience. Who cares how many 'bloggers' you piss off?
Thats how you make money in Hollywood.
Rifleman

Postby the Empress on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:21 pm

I'm worried that Simon Pegg is going to play Scotty, instead of Paul McGillion who only has a cameo role. I *love* Paul McGillion (Carson Beckett in Stargate Atlantis), he's charismatic and fun . . . . but I'm not keen on Simon Pegg outside his own comedic stuff (like Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz etc.), because I don't think he's a great or particularly interesting actor:S And, well, I *love* McGillion.
the Empress

Postby exnihilo on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:33 am

And tradition does have it that Scotty has to have the most unconvincing Scottish accent in the world, which McGillion certainly manages.
exnihilo

Postby Haunted on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:11 am

Realistic accents may not be suitable...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7lH2aRGG4
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Return to The Sinner's Main Board