Home

TheSinner.net

Heroin in St Andrews

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Heroin in St Andrews

Postby eagle on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:48 am

So tonight was the first time that I've been alerted to the use of heroin in St Andrews.

Quite a revelation.
Has anyone else seen any use of anything more than weed in a flat/house in town?
eagle

Re: Heroin in St Andrews

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:40 am

Admin note: This post should not have been allowed through. Moderators- you should know better!

Postby Rifleman on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:19 am

Once I was drunk and a heroine saved me from a shower of doom. This has nothing to do with your topic but i thought it worth a mention.

If you're posh/rich/know the right(or wrong) people enough drugs are rife in the bubble.
Rifleman

Postby munchingfoo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:43 am

There's obviously some junkies living out in the badlands. You can spot them by their skinny features and solemn stare. They also seem to be staring at your possession trying to figure out the best way to relieve them from you. There is however far less of them in st andrews than most places I have lived.

I would suggest that if you are at a party and you see heroine use, you take one of took actions:

A) If you believe the person whose house it is wouldn't be too chuffed let them know about it and see what happens. If it doesn't stop see (B).

B) Leave the house immediately. Nothing good can come from heroine, to both it's users and associates of it's users, in the long run. Whilst the person is still in control it might just seem like a bit of fun, but by the time they've stolen money and possessions from every one of your friends and been arrested countless times they're not going to be the kind of person you want to know.

This all changes of course when the person is a good friend of yours, but if you only found out about the drug use at a party they probably aren't a good friend. Anyway, if they are a good friend there's many places you can go to get advice about how best to help them. Like most addictive destructive substances, stopping heroine use early will be in everyone's interests (close friend/aquaintances/general public).
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:45 am

I've seen a posh-ish wannabe yah type snort something or other from accross the room...though I can't rule out that she just really wanted to sniff the table.
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby Duggeh on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:27 pm

I snorted some ground up pro plus in the union once. It stung.
Duggeh

Postby Lid on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:26 pm

Duggeh wrote:I snorted some ground up pro plus in the union once. It stung.

Icing sugar also stings, but the worst has to be sherbert, because the sensation of being on the edge of sneezing lasts hours.
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Postby Archibald on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:56 pm

St Andrews seems like the idea place for cocaine use. A drug that costs a lot of money and doesn't really have much effect, but makes you feel really cool and exclusive while making you skinnier and giving you the desire to wear huge sunglasses - fits right into the scene we've got here. Personally though I've never been around anything illegal except pot while I've been here, and I'm glad of it. Whenever I've seen people snorting white powder, it's always turned out to be pro-plus or some kind of prescription drug. Most of the reports of harder drug use I've heard have been hearsay and not very believable - people like to spread rumours about people snorting various things in [name removed to avoid litigation - again moderators - please think before approving such posts], so maybe that's where all the action is to be found. In any case, I like to cling to the naive belief that St Andrews students are intelligent and wise enough to steer clear of addictive substances.
Archibald

Postby Graduate on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:12 pm

I suppose there were always drugs around St Andrews when I was there, just no one was stupid enough to mess around Heroin/crack.

Does the university have the type of set up in place to support people who get addicted to hard drugs? I would doubt it.
Graduate

Postby Ewan Husami on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Yes they do - Student Support have dealt with this sort of thing before. However, they only deal with it if the individuals come forward and actually ask for help.
Ewan Husami

Postby careba2010 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:07 pm

One of my acdemic daughters told me how she went to a party on Raisin Sunday Morning which started at 9am. At about 10.30am everyone was geting drunk and someone pulled out some cocaine (or other white powder) and started doing lines.

She decided at this point it was time to leave as she didnt want to be caught up in anything like that
careba2010

Return to The Sinner's Main Board