Home

TheSinner.net

motivation

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

motivation

Postby DaftPunk on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:50 pm

as of late i've been lacking in motivation to get work done...just seem to spend my time procrastinating the days away. how do you motivate yourself?
DaftPunk

Re: motivation

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:01 pm

With motivational posters of course!

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby Timata on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:02 pm

I take the network cable out of my laptop and have some one else keep it - that deals with the internet anyway. I also find relocating to somewhere I wouldn't normally study helps, usually the kitchen.
Timata

Postby Frank on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:18 pm

I hide my laptop. (Well, put it away.) It's such a rickety ol' rustbucket that it's far more effort to take it out than it is to just not use it.

Getting a good selection of studying music or podcasts on the go is a handy thing too. Jazz helps.

As Dom says: Motivational posters also help.

Frank

Postby Thalia on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:55 pm

"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Return to The Sinner's Main Board