Home

TheSinner.net

Pet Sitter for Christmas - Paid Work

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Pet Sitter for Christmas - Paid Work

Postby soph on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Are you staying in St Andrews over Christmas (22nd December - 5th January)? Or willing to take a small bunny home with you over the holidays?

My very friendly mini lop is looking for someone to feed him twice a day (and empy his tray once a week, yes, rabbits can be litter trained...). This can either be here in St Andrews or you can take him for the holidays. Either way, I'll pay you 50 pounds and provide all his food and bedding.

No, he cannot be used for Christmas dinner, far too small and you won't get paid.

sam223
soph

Re: Pet Sitter for Christmas - Paid Work

Postby RedCelt69 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:13 pm

I'd be happy to do it, however I'm not sure how my dog would react to a bunny rabbit hopping around the flat. I'm 99% certain it would be perfectly safe in the same room as him... but there's always that 1% chance. :|
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Postby Duggeh on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 pm

I'd say a 1% chance that the rabbit eats the dog is worth it.
Duggeh

Postby Senethro on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:10 pm

Sometimes the dog remembers his ancestors killed their own food and sometimes he gets a bit confused. My dog caught a baby pheasant by the tail and carried it about for a bit looking confused. He drops it when he finds one of those mysterious invisible things dogs are so interested in, whereupon it stops playing dead and scurries off.

I'd never trust a rabbit in the same room as a cat though.
Senethro

Postby RandomMusings on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:36 pm

Duggeh wrote:I'd say a 1% chance that the rabbit eats the dog is worth it.

Dogs don't kill people, rabbits do......

...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Postby Abserdman on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi! Another bunny owne in St Andrews!

I'll be happy to look after him for the holidays. I have 2 bunnies (and a dog) in my flat anyway so I don't think a third will be too much of a problem. I will be away on Christmas eve and boxing day but the lady who lives in the flat above us has already promised to feed mine for those few days so I'm sure she'll look after yours too.

e-mail me at age@ if you want to talk.
Abserdman

Postby Duggeh on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:37 pm

Posting your complete email address on a public forum hardly makes it difficult for the spambots to hoover it up and start chucking shit at it. Just use the letters. In fact mods, it would be a good code of practice for you to edit all such psots made in order to aid in rectifying the problem a bit.
Duggeh

Postby Fawksie on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:53 pm

I think Oli used to insist people used the PM system rather than posting e-mail addresses. Must check if that's still the case.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Admin on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:30 pm

I don't mind either way - it makes sense to hide your email address from spambots, but if people choose not to, that's entirely up to them.
I would prefer people to register for an account, rather than posting their email addresses in unregistered posts, but that's more to keep the mods' work down to a minimum (and to allow prospective students or alumni to join in discussions).
Admin

Return to The Sinner's Main Board