Home

TheSinner.net

Rectorial drag - today!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Rectorial drag - today!

Postby James Shield on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 pm

James Shield

RECTOR!?

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:10 pm

http://www.yourunion.net/rector

Check out (via highlighting or searching for appropriate terms) near the bottom of the page! :D :roll: 8-) !

A clue:
Damn near killed her!
Frank

Re: Rectorial drag - today!

Postby Delts on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Damn labs making me miss the drag :(
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby careba2010 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:40 pm

Just got back (eventually) from the Torchlight procession. I was a bit disappointed by the lack of torches I overheard a lady say that they only bought eighty torches, I know the St Andrews student population at terms can be apathetic but eighty torches (!) there must of been at least a couple of hundred people there if not a thousand and most of them were v disappointed not to get a torch.
careba2010

Postby Georgina on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:43 am

We bought 300 torches for the torchlit procession, but as you rightly said, a lot more than that turned up. I hope everyone everyone enjoyed the evening, and apologies if you didn't get a torch!! At least you were spared being covered in wax!
Georgina

Postby careba2010 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 am

I did it enjoy it even if I didnt get a torch. By the way if you want to get Wax out of your clothes put them in the freezer for a while and it shoudl scrape off. I dont actually know why I know that !
careba2010

Postby Duggeh on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Best way to remove wax from clothes is to put a few layers of kitchen roll over the wax (both sides) and then iron it with a hot iron with the steam turned off. Wax melts out of the clothes into the paper.
Duggeh

Postby What? on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Is there a dress code for Younger Hall today? Can't find that crucial bit of information anywhere...
What?

Postby Jono on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Delts wrote:Damn labs making me miss the drag :(

Same with me for the Installation. Damn labs (interesting way of getting around the “No teaching on Wednesday’s” rule) and “opt-out” classes. Drag was great, although I was a tad disappointed with the gown turnout. Still, I guess it's unreasonable to make a £100+ gown a mandatory fashion accessory.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Postby guest on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am

Jono wrote:
Delts wrote:Damn labs making me miss the drag :(

Same with me for the Installation. Damn labs (interesting way of getting around the “No teaching on Wednesday’s” rule) and “opt-out” classes. Drag was great, although I was a tad disappointed with the gown turnout. Still, I guess it's unreasonable to make a £100+ gown a mandatory fashion accessory.

I missed the installation because I was not feeling well. Well, at least I went to the one in 2006. BTW does anyone still have a larger version of:

http://yourunion.net/files/minisites/12 ... lation.jpg

(I took loads of photos in 2006, but none of myself, but I'm in the above picture)

Postby Delts on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:14 am

I was somewhat disappointed with the lack of torches. And the way the exit from the quad was conducted was downright disgraceful. I am shocked no one was injured based on how close some people came to being crushed. Next time fencing into the cloisters and then out again may be a good idea so that there isn't such a big crowd pushing into the one small area.

The walk along the pier was far more civilized although I was disappointed at people choosing the bottom back and pushing into others on their way back to town. Flash photography was also an issue for those up the top without a torch.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Return to The Sinner's Main Board