Home

TheSinner.net

New Hall Ball Last Night

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

New Hall Ball Last Night

Postby Charly B on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:10 pm

.... did anyone else find it really disappointing?
Charly B

Re: New Hall Ball Last Night

Postby Guest on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:49 pm

No... last night was epic. One of the best in a long time.

Postby Abserdman on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:49 pm

I was a bit confused. It was supposed to be a "havana Nights" theme and yet they had a celidgh (or however you spell it) band. Nothing seemed to be at all "Havana Nights" temed.

The free ice cream was good though!
Abserdman

Postby James.C. on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:21 am

Honestly it was slightly disappointing, if it had been over £5 for my ticket then i would have been very disappointed. Heard there was supposed to be 'union prices' on drinks (heard this from a friend, not sure if this was actually promised at any point) but definitely was not the case.

The one thing that pleased me from the ball was that soul food cafe were great.
James.C.

Postby lizzie_liz on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:11 am

Having worked on the bar at several balls this year (Opening, Christmas, Uni Hall, DRA and now New Hall)New Hall Ball was nothing special, in fact it wasnt a great ball. The sound quality was poor, there appeared to be no music until the ceilidh started, the band (i think i was told it was Soul food cafe) sounded awful and the dj wasnt that great. DRA themed theres along the lines of Snow and New Hall as Havana nights but there was very little difference in them apart from the decoration and DRA being a larger ball did have more things going on. If I was an punter at New Hall Ball I would have been dissapointed!

As for the bar, yes it was the Union that did the bar and the prices we charged on Saturday were the prices we charge at every ball we do; Opening, Christmas, Uni Hall, DRA, New Hall and any other outside bar we do and it has been like that since I started working on the bar (Sept 08). What you should be told is that it is Union Ball Prices and even then the drinks arent that expensive.
lizzie_liz

Postby James.C. on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:46 pm

lizzie_liz wrote:As for the bar, yes it was the Union that did the bar and the prices we charged on Saturday were the prices we charge at every ball we do; Opening, Christmas, Uni Hall, DRA, New Hall and any other outside bar we do and it has been like that since I started working on the bar (Sept 08). What you should be told is that it is Union Ball Prices and even then the drinks arent that expensive.

Ah, was not aware that union ball prices and union prices (as you would expect on a night out there) were two different things, fair enough.
James.C.

Postby guest on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:45 pm

By contrast, though, the Hispanic Ball on Friday was sooo good! Such a fun night, the salsa band were great.

Postby RandomMusings on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:21 pm

It looked and sounded like it was going to be a great night when I was there for the set up. I'm really sorry I didn't manage to make it back there later in the night!
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Return to The Sinner's Main Board