Home

TheSinner.net

General Council Elections

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

General Council Elections

Postby Jos Dad on Wed May 20, 2009 12:47 pm

There seem to be a number of Sinners (Some reformed, perhaps) standing for the General Council Business Committee.

All General Council members have a vote. Voting is over the internet. A username and password is required. If you have not received details 'phone (0)1334 462103.

The Best of Luck to all candidates. I won't say "may the best man win" as I don't need another challenge!

Greg Newman
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Re: General Council Elections

Postby Jono on Wed May 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Are the current jobs-lot of graduands allowed to vote? I'd quite like to if possible, seeing as I've paid my membership to the GC.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Postby exnihilo on Wed May 20, 2009 7:32 pm

No. You won't be able to. Thanks to the online voting you need to wait a year before you get your vote. If you don't have an email address, you cannot vote at all. Equally now it's all online candidates are freed of the onerous necessity of showing up to the meeting. They are, however, not banned from grubbing for votes on Facebook and similar, which is unfortunate and a little gauche.
exnihilo

Postby Jos Dad on Thu May 21, 2009 12:11 pm

by exnihilo on Wed May 20, 2009 8:32 pm

They are, however, not banned from grubbing for votes on Facebook and similar, which is unfortunate and a little gauche.

Less so than starting a thread on the Sinner! But then I am a sinister person!
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Postby Jono on Thu May 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Jos Dad wrote:
by exnihilo on Wed May 20, 2009 8:32 pm

They are, however, not banned from grubbing for votes on Facebook and similar, which is unfortunate and a little gauche.

Less so than starting a thread on the Sinner! But then I am a sinister person!

Thinking of anyone in paticular...

Still, its in the same vein as Association elections; if you over-do it with facebook you end up alienating as many people as you bring on side.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Return to The Sinner's Main Board