Home

TheSinner.net

think tank

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

think tank

Postby niall on Tue May 06, 2003 4:41 pm

has anyone else bought blur's new album? i'm heavilly undecided about it, when i heard "Dont bomb when you're the bomb" i thought i had heard the end of blur, but their knew single "out of time" is so much more like their original stuff and so i went out today and bought the new album "think tank". i suppose its gonna take a few listens before i make a judgement...

[hr]I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader
and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled.
niall

Re:

Postby nova on Tue May 06, 2003 4:46 pm

Supposedly it is rather good:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/blur/thinktank/

[hr]"Won't you tell me, brave captain, why are the wicked so strong, how can the angels get to sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on."
- Tom Waits
nova

Re:

Postby nova on Tue May 06, 2003 4:46 pm

Supposedly it is rather good:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/blur/thinktank/

[hr]"Won't you tell me, brave captain, why are the wicked so strong, how can the angels get to sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on."
- Tom Waits
nova

Re:

Postby Miss Maryland on Wed May 07, 2003 7:50 am

thank you for reminding me to buy it! im the only person i know in my area that is a blur fan, so i had totally forgotten to buy it! i get to see them on may 24 at the HFStival. its really annoying how they don't seem to have a tour planned for the US in which it will be a Blur concert, rather than in which they will appear along with 30 other bands!
Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby Dj Balloon on Wed May 07, 2003 10:44 am

I love "Out of time", the chord changes are quality. Is the rest of the stuff on the album worth looking at?
Arse arsonist's forfeit refreshment
Dj Balloon

Re:

Postby niall on Wed May 07, 2003 10:59 am

em, yes and no, its an ok album, not blur's best by a long shot (that still goes to parklife), it has nice beats and melodies to it, but i think its just too experimental.

"jets" (track 11) is good.

[hr]do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum
niall

Re:

Postby Al on Wed May 07, 2003 11:00 am

Chord changes? In a Blur song? Surely some mistake!

[hr]"Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world."
Al

Re:

Postby Ashley on Wed May 07, 2003 1:56 pm

Actually Al, "Sing" off Leisure has, in my humble opinion, one of the best chord sequences I've heard. Like ever.

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the tensions aroused within a post by quoting Oasis yet discussing Blur
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Wed May 07, 2003 2:17 pm

[s]Al wrote on 12:00, 7th May 2003:
Chord changes? In a Blur song? Surely some mistake!

I'd ask you to watch your tongue their, matey. Graham Coxon (as I'm sure you're all bored of me saying by now) is one of the greatest guitarists of modern times. His solo albums are phenomanally creative and the blur songs he features on (ie all except this new album), though simple pop-esque ditties still have some sterling axeonometry on them. To claim otherwise is just ridiculous.
[hr][s]"A bell is a cup... Until it is struck"
- wire[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Al on Wed May 07, 2003 4:31 pm

[s]Ashley wrote on 14:56, 7th May 2003:
Actually Al, "Sing" off Leisure has, in my humble opinion, one of the best chord sequences I've heard. Like ever.

Really? What is it then? And who quoted Oasis?

[hr]
"Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world."
Al

Return to The Sinner's Main Board