Home

TheSinner.net

Ducks

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Mon May 19, 2003 9:25 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 00:34, 19th May 2003:
Has anyone else noticed that the two male ducks in gatty have been going around together a bit too much recently?! They seem to completely ignore the girls. Now, I don't know if it is possible for ducks to be gay, but if it is then jim and bob (as we have christened them) are definetely living proof!

Good on them!

I watched a documentary on gay animals a few years ago which featured a pair of gay ducks.

[hr]
“He's turning down sex when there are children in Europe who can't get dates?" random churchgoer, 'Jeffrey'
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby niall on Mon May 19, 2003 9:35 am

one of my dogs was a lesbian

[hr]do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum
niall

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon May 19, 2003 10:12 am

I have to say I think possibly my theory about the gay gatty ducks was wrong. Have just seen that the lady duck is currently sporting a grand total of NINE ducklings. They are so cute. So maybe the guy ducks are just hanging out to get away from the weans!

Re:

Postby HappyCamper on Mon May 19, 2003 10:14 am

maybe the males are bi - nice little threesome they have going on there!

P.S. Uni-Hall ducks ;-)
HappyCamper

Re:

Postby dunx on Mon May 19, 2003 11:46 am

those are Fife Park paving slabs

Maybe the paving slabs were once Fife Park's, but they're Uni Hall's now. *teehee* A bit like that painting from Hamilton Hall I guess. One thing is for certain though, those ducks are definitely true Uni Hall bumble bees;

http://www.dunx.co.uk/bumblebee_duck.jpg
dunx

Re:

Postby Homer on Mon May 19, 2003 1:27 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 00:34, 19th May 2003:
Has anyone else noticed that the two male ducks in gatty have been going around together a bit too much recently?! They seem to completely ignore the girls. Now, I don't know if it is possible for ducks to be gay, but if it is then jim and bob (as we have christened them) are definetely living proof!

Good on them!

I concur, Gatty is the pround owner of a set of gay ducks. Plus fag-hag.
Homer

UNI HALL STOLE YOUR DUCKS

Postby vegetation for the masses on Mon May 19, 2003 5:31 pm

ha. To all who deny it; Uni hall has stolen your ducks, and they're ours for good now. They tell me they like it here, & are glad they don't have to put up with the smell where they were (can only assume they're talking about gatty/fife park, or where ever they used to be [you know where i think])
vegetation for the masses

Re:

Postby Endemoniada on Mon May 19, 2003 6:20 pm

vegetation, you are absolutely mad! I myself have never seen these ducks, if I visit Uni Hall tomorrow what's that probability that I will see them?

[hr][s]when did a difference become a disease? - fugazi [/s]
Endemoniada

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon May 19, 2003 6:40 pm

well they are back today! wooo... more ducks so i dont have to do IT revision!

Re:

Postby Manson on Mon May 19, 2003 7:46 pm

Anyone remember the DRH pheasant last year?

[hr]The Real Ale Society
http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~sauras
Manson

REPOST THIEVED!!!

Postby vegetation for the masses on Mon May 19, 2003 7:47 pm

well i saw them on south st a few days ago, then later that day the very same ducks were outside my window in Uni Hall, where they have been each of the last two days.....so quite likely.

Also i'm not really mad :)
vegetation for the masses

Re:

Postby Thackary on Mon May 19, 2003 8:35 pm

I have loads of pheasants creeping around my house. They look nice, but they're stupid, stupid animals.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Endemoniada on Mon May 19, 2003 8:49 pm

It sounds like the ducks have taken a fancy to you vegetation, teehee.

[hr][s]when did a difference become a disease? - fugazi [/s]
Endemoniada

Re:

Postby Donald on Mon May 19, 2003 9:15 pm

I remember the DRH pheasent. I regualarly see pheasents outside my window in New Hall
Donald

Re:

Postby HappyCamper on Mon May 19, 2003 9:17 pm

veg - they were on the other side of the building 3 nights ago, matt was feeding them.
HappyCamper

Re:

Postby Manson on Mon May 19, 2003 9:25 pm

The DRH pheasant, i remember, was really fat. I think people kept feeding it and that's why it stuck around. and then in summer everyone went home, it couldnt take off because it was too fat, and it starved to death. Or it was such a huge target that it got shot. I'm speculating here.

[hr]"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant"
http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~sauras
Manson

Re:

Postby Emma on Tue May 20, 2003 9:20 am

I saw the DRH pheasant in the field between us and Melville this year and agin on one of the AU pitches. It lives.
Emma

Re:

Postby Amaunet on Tue May 20, 2003 9:31 am

[s]Thackary wrote on 21:35, 19th May 2003:
I have loads of pheasants creeping around my house. They look nice, but they're stupid, stupid animals.

They do look nice, and they are rather stupid- we see them on the farm all the time- especially harry.

There doesn't seem to be any pheasants round DRH this year- wonder why?

[hr]
WESTLEY
Hear this now: I will come for you.
BUTTERCUP
But how can you be sure?
WESTLEY
This is true love. You think this happens every day?
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how"

Gone with the Wind
Amaunet

Re:

Postby Al on Tue May 20, 2003 9:59 am

"The DRH pheasant, i remember, was really fat. I think people kept feeding it and that's why it stuck around. and then in summer everyone went home, it couldnt take off because it was too fat, and it starved to death. Or it was such a huge target that it got shot. I'm speculating here."

If the pheasant was so fat that it couldn't fly it would have taken a long time to succumb to starvation. Long before it died it would have lost enough weight to be able to fly again. Hooray! The pheasant was saved.

[hr]"Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world."
Al

Re:

Postby Al on Tue May 20, 2003 10:04 am

Incidentally, someone has obviously been feeding the pheasants. I wonder if anyone has been caught feeding the ducks.

[hr]"Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world."
Al

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board