Home

TheSinner.net

good reading

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

good reading

Postby silent majority on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:21 pm

silent majority

Re: good reading

Postby Senethro on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm

I was prepared to hate this but it could have legs. Whats with the passive aggressive pseudonym though?
Senethro

Postby Duggeh on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 pm

TL.DR.
Duggeh

Postby DACrowe on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 am

I read it but I don't know what you're trying to communicate. If the idea is to give a vague overview of St Andrew's life I guess it might sort of fit the bill but (a) I'd hope people on the Sinner all had more nuanced takes on St Andrews already and (b) what's your point. It's not even an e/n (it means everything to you, nothing to everyone else) phenomenon; I suspect it doesn't even mean anything to you. If you were to put more of you in it (amusing anecdotes from your time here or something) it might be worth a read but... everyone's seen the 'Gap Yah' video by now.
DACrowe

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Duggeh wrote:TL.DR.

492 words really? That's just a fat paragraph.

(inb4 you're a fat paragraph :P)
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby wild_quinine on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Power Metal Dom wrote:
Duggeh wrote:TL.DR.

492 words really? That's just a fat paragraph.

I just assumed he was joking. Four paragraphs and a sign-off is shorter than some chat up lines.

To the writer of the piece: observations fine, but it lacks focus. even short work shouldn't end where they start.
wild_quinine

Return to The Sinner's Main Board