Home

TheSinner.net

Tim Minchin. Again.

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Tim Minchin. Again.

Postby RedCelt69 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Having a bit of a Minchin kick at the mo, so thought I'd share this delight. They're working on an actual video (due soon) but this is still entertaining as the text helps to capture the message.

Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Re: Tim Minchin. Again.

Postby Dempsey on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Utterly brilliant!
Striving to maintain exceptional standards of debauchery.
Dempsey

Postby Haunted on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:24 am

It's being premiered at TAM London this weekend. I'll let you know how awesome it is :D
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Postby Cain on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:04 am

Better than his civil rights lectures. Still impressed that he's coming all the way up from his post in Australia to do this gig.
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Postby Frank on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Damn you, Haunted. I want to go to a TAM one day!

Also, yes, Storm's fantastic. 'Firing off cliches with startling precision like a sniper using bollocks for ammunition', wonderful stuff.
Frank

Postby Haunted on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:55 am

TAM was a bit of a mixed bag but by far the worst part was the night with Tim Minchin and Storm. Blasphemy you say? I enjoy Tim as much as the next man, I've seen him twice before and pissed myself laughing. The night opened with about 20 minutes of the Amatuer Transplants who are always worth a look (I now own a signed album). Then Tim came on and opened with two songs (one of which was the Pope song which is awesome live) and then we were treated to the full length (but apparently not quite finished) version of the Storm movie. You've seen the teaser on youtube? That's the only good bit. The rest is just badly drawn cartoons sitting at a table and mouthing the words to the poem. No matter, it's only ten minutes long and we have a whole night of Tim's songs. Wrong. After the movie was shown Tim was joined on stage by the organiser of the event (a Tracy King) and some other dude for a one hour panel on the making of storm. This was saturday night, everyone had paid £15 or more to get a seat for a night of comedy and, like myself, were getting pretty leathered. It wasn't long before the entire audience began shouting "SING! SING!" in protest, which was met with an evil look of "don't you fucking dare" from Ms King. After the indescribably boring talk panel we were told to leave, that was it. Murmurs of disappointment at breakfast the next day, made even worse when it was discovered that Stephen Fry had bumped his TAM slot to go to a QPR match.
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Return to The Sinner's Main Board