Home

TheSinner.net

New Hall mail redirection

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

New Hall mail redirection

Postby NicC on Wed May 28, 2003 7:11 pm

To any Sinner denizens leaving New Hall this week, and wondering what will happen to their mail (since New Hall say they will return to sender anything that arrives after Saturday): in case you weren't already aware, Royal Mail will *not* set up a redirect for you. Apparently they do not redirect from communal addresses like Halls, and never have.

If, like me, you're waiting for a specific parcel/letter/etc., one thing you can try is the Largo Road sorting office. The Delivery Manager there, Harry Stewart, was really helpful and agreed to look out for my parcel on the condition that I provided written details of what to expect. (This applies to isolated items only, though, I think).

Unsurprisingly, the New Hall staff insists that redirection *is* possible, and don't want to trouble themselves to make any other arrangements....

[hr]"'Our Mrs Peel in Ladies Underwear'. I rattled up the stairs three at a time..."
--Steed, The Avengers

Soldier in the War on the Brain since October 2002
"'Our Mrs Peel in Ladies Underwear'. I rattled up the stairs three at a time..."
--Steed, [i:2vbfuimg]The Avengers[/i:2vbfuimg]

NicC

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Wed May 28, 2003 8:12 pm

It's the same for all halls of residence - you're pretty screwed if any important stuff goes to hall over the summer.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby KayBee on Wed May 28, 2003 8:57 pm

I've never had a problem with this in the past. Any mail delivered to halls during the holidays has always be forwarded to my home address with no hassle. I'd suggest doing what we've done in Regs and write your contact details on a few sticky labels and leave them with the manager.

However, I appreciate this is going to be a lot easier for the staff to deal with in a wee hall like Regs rather than New Hall.

[hr]
"I never travel without my diary. One should have always have someting sensational to read on the train."

OSCAR WILDE
KayBee

Re:

Postby NicC on Wed May 28, 2003 10:12 pm

Yeah, the staff at New Hall flatly refuse to do anything for us by way of mail redirection. They have proper paying customers to deal with over summer, after all ;-)

[hr]"'Our Mrs Peel in Ladies Underwear'. I rattled up the stairs three at a time..."
--Steed, The Avengers

"'Our Mrs Peel in Ladies Underwear'. I rattled up the stairs three at a time..."

NicC

Re:

Postby NicC on Wed May 28, 2003 10:12 pm

Yeah, the staff at New Hall flatly refuse to do anything for us by way of mail redirection. They have proper paying customers to deal with over summer, after all ;-)

--Steed, The Avengers

NicC

Return to The Sinner's Main Board