Home

TheSinner.net

Matt Baker - Eat It!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Matt Baker - Eat It!

Postby FieryFairy on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Hello,

Does anyone remember a Blue Peter spoof (probably in the BP Pantomime one year) which included Matt Baker doing a cover of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" - but the words had been changed to Eat It?

This came up in conversation, and I thought that I would be able to find some Youtube evidence of it, but now I'm starting to wonder if I imagined the whole thing....

Thanks! :D
FieryFairy

Re: Matt Baker - Eat It!

Postby Spike on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Don't you mean Weird Al Yankovic's Eat It?
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Postby FieryFairy on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Nope, came across this one in my search. But the one I'm thinking of was definitely on Blue Peter, with Matt Baker, probably several years before, and wasn't so much a spoof video, just a cover with lyric-changes.

Thanks anyway though!
FieryFairy

Postby lostforever on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:19 am

YES!
I am in the exact same situation, you are the only evidence I have ever found that I didn't make it up...
I think the Weird Al version may be the same song, but I wonder which came first.
Well, I cannot help in any way and this is a very late reply but I thought you should know others remember it too. Well, at least I do :P
lostforever

Postby orudge on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:41 am

Eat It was an original parody song by Weird Al, released in 1984. It seems more likely that Blue Peter used that, or possibly that they came up with an entirely separate version with the same name?
orudge
Administrator

Return to The Sinner's Main Board