Home

TheSinner.net

St Andrew Direct break down: Students miss their flight!!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

St Andrew Direct break down: Students miss their flight!!

Postby Annoyed on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Just posting this as a warning to others before they leave for the break...

St Andrews Direct had a vehicle breakdown in Cupar this morning (Sat 22nd Jan) whilst on their way to Edinburgh Airport, with a full load of 8 students. As there was no back-up car,the passengers (including my friend) were stranded for several hours and as a result missed their early morning Continental flight (there was no buses etc running as so early).

Guess this is what happens when you use a cheap transfer service that isn't local to St Andrews... humph! >:( If anyone else was on that van, id love to hear about it. This is not the first time things like this have happened and its about time that people start complaining so that this type of poor service doesn't continue.
Annoyed

Re: St Andrew Direct break down: Students miss their flight!

Postby danielDRA on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:43 pm

<_< wahhhh well i was booked with them myself this week with an early departure, then the day before they phoned me and told me that the other person i was going to the airport with had canceled and that the ride to the airport was now cancelled and that i needed to find alternative transport. I arranged a taxi and 5 minutes before the taxi arrived a st andrews direct bus pulled into dra but it was full. Was not impressed with my travel arrangments being thrown into mayhem because someone else cancelled it was not my fault or my problem,anyway in light of what happened above im glad i didnt use them and wont use them anymore.

This Happen to anyone else!!
danielDRA

Postby erm on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 pm

As much as this is annoying, it's not the worst thing to happen. Yes it's unfortunate that your friend missed their flight and that someone else had to change their arrangements but trains break down all the time, as do buses and flights are often delayed. Breakdowns are going to happen now and again, and there's little you can do about that. After cars breakdown but by and large St Andrews direct do a good job the majority of the time.

So stop your whining.
erm

Postby Delts on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Well as far as the breakdown case is concerned, I would expect my flights to be paid for by the St Andrews Direct if it were me. And as for the cancellation, that's appallingly bad customer service. I realise that the trip would not have been profitable, but cancelling that late on a customer is just pathetic and shoddy.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby PRC on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 pm

Interesting events of the breakdown, but surely that can happen to any vehicle operation. The let down too must be wrong, and for so many to miss flights because they have no back up plan or early am contact, ie. very poor service. The real problem perhaps lies in them now being and Edinburgh outfit and using Edinburgh taxis with no real service or organised back up.
I had a problem over a year ago when Direct let me down so I changed to using a local taxis St Andrews company (for the same price when sharing, although dearer whenI am on my own) and have had no problems at all, and always get my flights.
PRC

Postby AdvisePlease on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:58 am

Hi all, it's break time again almost and I've got an early flight and there is no train or bus.
Question is what's the best option and the most reliable.
After reading the posts above it's worrying I've got to get my flight or I'm in big trouble.
So do I use St Andrews Direct or a local taxi company, I here that some local taxis are offering the same sort of deal anyone know if this is true,if anyone can offer me any advice that would be great.

Johnas
AdvisePlease

Return to The Sinner's Main Board