Home

TheSinner.net

Robbie Williams

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Robbie Williams

Postby rae on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:27 am

I've been asking around with no luck. Question of the hour: new Robbie Williams song says "They're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street". OK, I see why razor blades are bad but why mirrors? We determined that people snort off them but apparently my hypothesis that they do so so that they can see up their nose while snorting is rubbish. Thoughts?

Oh, and I'll be super curious to see if this thread will actually attempt to answer my question or just get derailed by people saying "Robbie Williams sucks." In fact, I will be very surprised if no one came up with that.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby Life's Rich Pageant on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:53 am

At a guess, it could be a criticism of the pressures of personal appearance which the generation just below us (apologies for any ageist generalisations of the student population) are under. Maybe a reflection of the "so ugly on the inside that that they cannot live without being beautiful on the outside" philosophy which he has touched upon in the past. Or maybe I'm way off the mark.......
Life's Rich Pageant

Re:

Postby EviLTwiN on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:46 am

maybe it just sounded cool.
EviLTwiN

Re:

Postby Thackary on Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:31 am

Oasis also sang "all your dreams and made, when you're chained to the mirror and the razor blade".

Mirrors and razor blades - used for cutting and snorting cocaine.

Both the mirror and the razor blade have very flat edges, assuring that there is contact along the whole length of the blade.

The fact that they are being sold in the street could be a criticism of the openness and availability of class A drugs in the world today.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Life's Rich Pageant on Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:55 pm

I'd now be inclined to agree with Thackary's thesis. I guess many of you will have noticed how Boots' entire stock of compact mirrors is regularly sold out during the week preceding the KK ball.
Life's Rich Pageant

Re:

Postby Ashley on Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:59 pm

[s]Thackary wrote on 10:31, 4th Jul 2003:
Oasis also sang "all your dreams and made, when you're chained to the mirror and the razor blade".

Hmm, I must dig that old album out. So good!
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby KayBee on Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:34 pm

[s]Life's Rich Pageant wrote on 14:55, 4th Jul 2003:
Boots' entire stock of compact mirrors is regularly sold out during the week preceding the KK ball.

DOH! I always thought that was cos they wanted to check their make up during the night. Damn my small town naivety!
KayBee

Robbie Williams sucks!

Postby underworlddreams on Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:19 pm

(Didn't want to disappoint, Rae!)

[hr]Life is like a flat pack cupboard - no instructions, and not enough screws.
underworlddreams

Return to The Sinner's Main Board