Home

TheSinner.net

Union Elections 2011

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Union Elections 2011

Postby Spike on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Yes it's that time of year again! As election fever hits St Andrews yet again in the annual outbreak of posters, flyers and street botherers I find it's good fun to keep up with what's happening in spite of my leaving 2 years ago. (I know, it's really sad isnt it!).

I find the best method of staying informed is naturally the Union website, specifically the Elections website. However it appears that the Candidates list is stuck in some kind of time-vortex meaning that it is eternally in the limbo that was before Monday the 7th of March.

Will the good "Doctor" be able to retrieve this from the sentence of existing eternally pre-7th March and update the site so that us reprobates with nothing else better to do can keep up with the latest candidates for each position?

^_^
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re: Union Elections 2011

Postby RedCelt69 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:38 pm

It would be good (to say the least) if the Mature Student Rep was actually a mature student or, just for a change, actually spoke to mature students. I contacted a previous representative (towards the end of her term) and I was more than a little disappointed to learn that she knew nothing about her position. I was the first mature student she'd actually had any interaction with.

Still. I'm sure that it will look good on her CV.
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Postby sienap on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:02 pm

The Students' Association will post the candidates (including their 100 word/250 word statement) as soon as nominations close on Friday.
In the mean time names are being released as nominations come in on twitter @saelect.
sienap

Postby Spike on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Cheers for the update!
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Return to The Sinner's Main Board