Home

TheSinner.net

Will n' Kate

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Will n' Kate

Postby Graduated05 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:21 am

Take your wedding and stick it up your f**king holes.

Seriously, everywhere I go, it's Kate this, Kate that, or the Prince or some BS developments over this marriage. Is anyone getting sick of this already? There's a whole week to go yet and I'm already fed up.

We all may have a small connection to them in that we studied at St Andrews - I myself enrolled the same year these tossers did, but it still makes me sick to see that some people - born with a silver spoon in their mouths - can have the whole f**king world as their oyster by default (i.e. without effort) whereas others spend years struggling to find work and rot, and given these economic times probably will be stuck in this rut permanently (yes, I graduated and my degree turned out to be nothing but a useless piece of paper; employers value experience more). Kate's now treated like some god only because shes banging the prince. I mean come on, what about us 'little people', the real people. I hate classism.

If i could time travel back to the year I had my lectures at Sallies, I should've went over to halls after and give these two a good slap for being nothing but a headache and pain in the backside, even if i am a midget.

I mean, is anyone else getting tired of this royal wedding crap?

Will n' Kate - you may be fellow St Andreans to me and many others who enrolled or studied or graduated the same time as you - but please, do us a favour and f**k the hell off. We all had to protect you William especially from the media during when you came, but i for one cannot stand you anymore now. I got the idea of them getting married the first day they told us about it so i dont need it ramming down my bloody throat 5-10 times a day. He'll probably be shagging the maid by midnight.

Rant over.
Graduated05

Re: Will n' Kate

Postby Delts on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Grow the fuck up and get over yourself. Yes, the coverage has been vast but at least they are semi-important, unlike most of the celebrities the tabloids bang on about a hell of a lot more. It's not too tricky to avoid the vast majority of news about it you know.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Mystery on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Exactly,

GET OVER IT - you are just jealous
Mystery

Postby G05 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Delts wrote:Grow the fuck up and get over yourself. Yes, the coverage has been vast but at least they are semi-important, unlike most of the celebrities the tabloids bang on about a hell of a lot more. It's not too tricky to avoid the vast majority of news about it you know.

Grow the f*ck up? How about you shut your f**king mouth. They're not even 10% important. On the one hand the Royal Family is a laughable and outdated institution in the 21st century, and to see people interested in all of the crap that goes along with it makes me nauseous (such as giving a f**k about what kind of suit David Cameron will be wearing!). I got no problem with their marriage, but to have it shoved in my face constantly makes me want to stick a picture of them on a punchbag and pummel the hell out of it.
He's only marrying that cow to put some fresh blood into their inbred gene pool anyway. I gather none of you are annoyed at the media wankfest given to these two snobs? Has the St Andrews lot turned into a bunch of royal arse-lickers since I left, then?

Python had the Royals summed up:
First Peasant: Who's that there?
Second Peasant: I don't know... Must be a king.
First Peasant: Why?
Second Peasant: He hasn't got sh*t all over him.
G05

Postby Gubbins on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:43 pm

I wasn't going to reply, but you insulted Delts. And that's not on.

Graduated05 wrote:Take your wedding and stick it up your f**king holes.

At the risk of baiting the trolls... Not possessing such an orifice, I'm afraid I cannot. However, I'd be better pleased if you take your self-confessed rant and shove it up yours. Nothing personal, merely if my screen is going to be sullied with the output of a rather large spleen vent, I'd rather it actually made a point. There have been several valid counter-monarchy arguments given in another thread on this board. You may wish to start there for suggestions on how to write properly: no-one wants to read a post which can be summarised as "I don't like this". Like the others have been saying, if you don't like it, turn it off.

Is anyone getting sick of this already?

Actually I'm quite looking forward to it. Better than having what Victoria Beckham ate for breakfast regurgitated in the tabloids.

it still makes me sick to see that some people - born with a silver spoon in their mouths - can have the whole f**king world as their oyster by default (i.e. without effort)

I'd like to see you swap your lives for theirs. I don't think you'd find it without effort.

whereas others spend years struggling to find work and rot, and given these economic times probably will be stuck in this rut permanently (yes, I graduated and my degree turned out to be nothing but a useless piece of paper; employers value experience more).

I may only have your posts to judge by, but it may not just be lack of experience that's holding you back. My employers found my degree(s) quite enough to give me that experience.

Kate's now treated like some god only because shes banging the prince. I mean come on, what about us 'little people', the real people. I hate classism.

Real people? Oh, I forgot. She's actually another lizard dressed in a human costume. By the way, I hate classism to... and I think I'm witnessing some of it right here. It works both ways.

If i could time travel back to the year I had my lectures at Sallies, I should've went over to halls after and give these two a good slap for being nothing but a headache and pain in the backside, even if i am a midget.

Good luck. I'd have liked to have seen the state of you after the not-so-secret police had finished with you.

Rant over.

Or so we thought...

Grow the f*ck up? How about you shut your f**king mouth. They're not even 10% important.

That's debatable and subjective. On the other hand, you're practically 0% important, if you want some context.

I got no problem with their marriage, but to have it shoved in my face constantly makes me want to stick a picture of them on a punchbag and pummel the hell out of it.

Then I suggest you take that up with the media. I imagine the happy couple would probably like a quiet ceremony somewhere in Wales, if it were left to them.

I gather none of you are annoyed at the media wankfest given to these two snobs? Has the St Andrews lot turned into a bunch of royal arse-lickers since I left, then?

No, we simply ignore it. Similarly, we simply ignore the cries of those who open their mouths and let the shit flow out. Which would explain...

Second Peasant: I don't know... Must be a king.
First Peasant: Why?
Second Peasant: He hasn't got sh*t all over him.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Postby Delts on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Ah, G05 the internet hard man. Not 10% important? You clearly have no idea about what the Queen does (and could potentially do) as far as britain and the commonwealth are concerned. This of course will eventually be Williams job as well, thus he is actually important. The idea that the royal family is outdated is also strange. In what way are they outdated?

From what you've said here you sound like a bitter failure who realised after graduating there is fuck all you can do with an arts degree. You're just jealous of those who are luckier than you and therefore go on the internet and bitch since you're too pathetic to go out and do something worthwhile with your life.

Also, at the bare minimum you're 24 (based on graduation year) but more likely late 20's. It's long past the point where you should be censoring words like fuck. "f**k" just shows how childish and immature you are.

[edit] Damn it, I've been dragged into an argument on the internet and now look like a cock :( [/edit]
Delts

Postby G05 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:18 pm

How does censoring a word makes one look childish, you fucking idiot? I only did it otherwise I thought it might not have been accepted by the mods here. I thought it might be politically incorrect. You're one to call someone an 'internet hard man' when your post is full of nothing but insults from behind a computer as well. Hypocrite.

The sooner you leave that safe little haven of St Andrews and see the big real world for what it is, the better. Trust me, you'd grow up alot quicker. I used to be just like you, back in the day. But then I learnt perhaps more on the street than I ever did at uni. You can hide behind your books and pretend to think you're the fucking dogs bollocks and that the world owes you a living, but until you start working and quit being such a tax dodging little bastard you have no clue about the real world and the responsibilities you carry everyday, child. Yes, I'm going to be 29 this year. I'm guessing you're still a student at uni because you seem very naive. Let me say this - you wouldn't last five minutes in the real world if you think wasting years and ending up in debt over a worthless piece of paper will get you that job you think you're bloody entitled to. And don't you fucking dare call me childish and immature because I'm most likely older than you, wiser than you, and live in the real world and not in some fake uni bubble. I've encountered people like you before - you might think you're well read and educated, and that you can look down on others (particularly lower working class people like me), but considering the bigger picture you lack any common sense, real intelligence and knowledge on how to survive in the real world. In addition, for the record I did have jobs after uni - granted they may be crappy ones but a job's a job (I was laid off for the nth time recently). Hey, at least I'm honest and humble about it, and don't brag or lie like Mr 'two degrees' above me here. I speak from experience when I say a degree IS nothing but a useless piece of paper - if you hadn't noticed the unemployment figures, I suggest you do your research now. Also, I dare you to post your crap on the following link where there are PLENTY other people struggling to find work after graduating and see how far you'll get (if it's not too much hassle for you): http://tomcat4.prospects.ac.uk:8080/for ... m.php?f=17. Go on, call them 'bitter failures' you stupid prick. If Kate wasn't sucking off the prince she'd be back home working in the 'family business'. Oh, and I graduated with a science degree, not an arts degree so shove that up your behind you condescending, arrogant, snobby, feckless little prat.

As for Will's 'importance', no doubt there will be thousands of braindead, vacuous people lining the streets of London on Friday to wave a few flags at a pair of non charasmatic people who has the whole world as their oyster by doing nothing but travelling and showing off with their fancy titles, and sponging off the tax payers of the UK for the next 40 years or so. I for one will not be watching it because while initially I had no problem with it, lately to see them constantly talked about in the news or on the radio or in papers they have really pissed me off. It's like a plague and there's no escape from these two vermin. There's much more important things going on right now such as Cameron's cuts, unemployment, overpriced worthless higher education and Gaddafi.

But since you're so looking forward to it and you follow the hype like the sheep that you are..:
G05

Postby Fawksie on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:36 pm

I'm sorry, normally I would bin blatant trolling like that, but the second paragraph just about made me wet myself.

You've assumed rather a lot about your adversary, G05, and none of it is correct.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Delts on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:37 pm

G05 wrote:How does censoring a word makes one look childish, you fucking idiot? I only did it otherwise I thought it might not have been accepted by the mods here. I thought it might be politically incorrect. You're one to call someone an 'internet hard man' when your post is full of nothing but insults from behind a computer as well. Hypocrite.

Actually, my username leads you straight to who I am on here. I'm not hiding in the slightest, unlike you G05.

G05 wrote:The sooner you leave that safe little haven of St Andrews and see the big real world for what it is, the better.

Actually, I did, 2 years ago. I'm now a sailor in the merchant navy.

G05 wrote:Trust me, you'd grow up alot quicker. I used to be just like you, back in the day. But then I learnt perhaps more on the street than I ever did at uni. You can hide behind your books and pretend to think you're the fucking dogs bollocks and that the world owes you a living, but until you start working and quit being such a tax dodging little bastard you have no clue about the real world and the responsibilities you carry everyday, child.

Grow up? I'm 23 so hardly a youngster. I started working long ago, in fact, before I went to uni. I've done the shite jobs as well since leaving without a degree means your chances of decent work are even harder than with one these days. I've paid taxes before (although being a sailor I do dodge them now). I'm hardly little and my parents were married 15 years before having me so I'm not a bastard. I have a damn good idea about the "real world" now, it's generally as fake as any other aspect of life, and I've certainly got enough responsibilities. And again, 23, hardly a child you condescending prick.

G05 wrote: Yes, I'm going to be 29 this year.

Oh gosh you're so much older, more mature and thus vastly more wise than me. Those extra 5 and a bit years must really be the most nourishing and life changing.

G05 wrote:I'm guessing you're still a student at uni because you seem very naive.

Wrong, and wrong. I know all about lifes little mysteries ;)

G05 wrote:Let me say this - you wouldn't last five minutes in the real world if you think wasting years and ending up in debt over a worthless piece of paper will get you that job you think you're bloody entitled to.

Odd since I seem to have done pretty well the past 2 years since I left uni. In fact, I'd say I've done far better than I did at uni. Most of my friends seem to think so anyway. And I never did get that worthless piece of paper. I did get a job though after a year of applying to anything and everything.

G05 wrote:And don't you fucking dare call me childish and immature because I'm most likely older than you, wiser than you, and live in the real world and not in some fake uni bubble.

You're childish. Older yes, wiser, not a chance, few are ;). And I live in the real world as well you immature child. It's currently called the Gorbals and I'm sure it's far more real than whatever middle class town you come from. Well, I'm not sure since I don't know where you're from but you'd be hard pushed to find a rougher area.

G05 wrote: I've encountered people like you before - you might think you're well read and educated, and that you can look down on others (particularly lower working class people like me), but considering the bigger picture you lack any common sense, real intelligence and knowledge on how to survive in the real world.

I am well read and educated. I have 5 highers and 3 advanced highers. If that's not well read and educated then you don't know the meaning of those two words. I'm working class as well, as are my parents. My dad was a mechanic by trade, eventually getting into lower management for the Royal Mail but it's barely a good wage. I'm not a silver spooned toff. And as I said before, I'm in the real world, you twat.

G05 wrote: In addition, for the record I did have jobs after uni - granted they may be crappy ones but a job's a job (I was laid off for the nth time recently).

So you're a shit worker who can't hold down a job and are bitter about it.

G05 wrote: Hey, at least I'm honest and humble about it, and don't brag or lie like Mr 'two degrees' above me here.

Erm, I haven't a clue about Gubbins situation although I hardly doubt he's lying. And who's bragging?

G05 wrote: I speak from experience when I say a degree IS nothing but a useless piece of paper - if you hadn't noticed the unemployment figures, I suggest you do your research now. Also, I dare you to post your crap on the following link where there are PLENTY other people struggling to find work after graduating and see how far you'll get (if it's not too much hassle for you)

You've gone of on a pointless tangent here. See my above comments. And people with degrees who can't find work aren't looking hard enough. I've got plenty of friends in that boat and it's a sad truth. There is work out there, just most find the likes of factory work below them since they have a degree (I spent 6 months last year working in a stairlift factory. It was a shit hole, but it was paid work and I did my best).

G05 wrote:: http://tomcat4.prospects.ac.uk:8080/for ... m.php?f=17. Go on, call them 'bitter failures' you stupid prick.

Nope, it's a waste of time and energy, and they are. And I may be a bit of a prick at times but I'm certainly not stupid.

G05 wrote: If Kate wasn't sucking off the prince she'd be back home working in the 'family business'.

So her families successful? Good for whatever ancestor of hers worked hard and set their family up.

G05 wrote: Oh, and I graduated with a science degree, not an arts degree so shove that up your behind you condescending, arrogant, snobby, feckless little prat.

It was biology I'm guessing, it's basically an arts degree :P. And I do believe the term is "shove that up your arse" generally, this forum isn't PG you idiot. Condescending: yes, when it's to an idiot. Arrogant: No, I know I'm better than most, it's not arrogance it's the truth. Snobby: I couldn't be if I tried. Feckless: Nope, I don't fit that description either. Little: I'm on what is now the short side being 5'9 but I'm certainly not little. Prat: I can be at times, yeah, what of it.

G05 wrote:As for Will's 'importance', no doubt there will be thousands of braindead, vacuous people lining the streets of London on Friday to wave a few flags at a pair of non charasmatic people who has the whole world as their oyster by doing nothing but travelling and showing off with their fancy titles, and sponging off the tax payers of the UK for the next 40 years or so.

You're still clueless as to what the royals do, aren't you. You poor sad little man.

G05 wrote: I for one will not be watching it because while initially I had no problem with it, lately to see them constantly talked about in the news or on the radio or in papers they have really pissed me off.

Based on your initial rant I wasn't expecting you to be. I won't be either since I don't care too much for the event and I'd rather be spending the time far more productively.

G05 wrote: It's like a plague and there's no escape from these two vermin.

There is, turn off the tv and the radio, don't buy a newspaper. Simple. Go out for a nice walk or something. It's pretty damn easy to enter a news black hole.

G05 wrote: There's much more important things going on right now such as Cameron's cuts, unemployment, overpriced worthless higher education and Gaddafi.

Actually, the cuts from the government are a needed measure and hurt but will do good in the long run since labour has put us into a very worrying financial state, and I hear plenty about it as well. Unemployment has always been there and will always be there. It's higher right now but there are industries still calling for workers. Sailing is one of them. There are currently 15,000 jobs going in the Merchant Navy. People are too unwilling to do the less desirable jobs. You're right, higher education is currently pretty worthless, I don't think it's overpriced though, certainly not in Scotland. Not being English and not living there my thoughts on their system are basically null and void. And Gaddafi is a clusterfuck that we shouldn't be involved in. NATO/UN/Us have completely fucked up there.

G05 wrote:But since you're so looking forward to it and you follow the hype like the sheep that you are..:

I'm not and I don't follow the hype. I find it mildly irritating myself but it's a nice change from the pointless tabloid stories about people who do nothing but court the press for their far too long 15 minutes.

G05 wrote:Image

I think most Royalists and some neutrals. And then you have the bunch of idiot republicans like yourself who give a massive shit whilst claiming you don't care. If you truly didn't care you wouldn't come on to a message board and rant like a whiny bitch, you'd say "meh" and carry on like normal.
Delts

Postby RedCelt69 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:51 am

This whole thread has been an entertainment.

The person who created the teatowel image asking "Who Gives A Shit?" is asking a self-answered question. Somebody who doesn't give a shit wouldn't have bothered creating the image in the first place.

The planet is full of morons. And most of them are connected to the internet.
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Postby RedCelt69 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:34 pm

This isn't the first time that I've encountered people complaining about all of the attention that this wedding is receiving and I have to wonder why such people are so terrible at filtering their media input. Until I looked at the tea towel image, I didn't even know for certain what the date of the wedding was. I knew that it was soon, but that was about it.

I mean, I'm well-informed about world events, but I don't pay attention to news that doesn't interest me. I've been more heavily-exposed to republicans complaining about all the fuss than I have the "actual" fuss.

And on that subject... so, a couple of people were born into a parental line that offered them higher life-expectancies than lots of other people. Welcome to the world. If you complain about *all* such inequality, I'll stop and pay attention to your argument. To focus on one couple, though... is just a useless debate about one hair on the bull's arse as it rampages through the china shop.

A couple of wealthy people will become the head(s) of state of our country; purely because of who spawned them (and who they married).

The alternative (favoured in countries without a constitutional monarchy) is for a wealthy person to buy their way to power; either with their own money, and/or the money given to them for promises made to corporations and/or religious groups. Every decision they make is balanced out against the wishes and desires of their financial backers, rather than the people that they are *meant* to represent... y'know, the voters.

Either way, the wealthy are in power. I prefer the wealthy people who can't be purchased over those that can.

But I still can't give a fuck about one wedding. So I block it out. I just wish that the republicans would learn to do the same. It would also help if they could come up with a better reason for ditching the monarchy, other than (apparent) jealousy.

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Postby imexcited on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:02 am

G05 - oh dear god have you nothing better to do? this is the first time i've posted on the sinner and I actually laughed out loud at your post. If you're getting this angry about the royal wedding I dread to think what happens when something truly provoking occurs in your 'real life' which you claim st andrews students don't quite have.

The University has done incredibly well out of the royal wedding, and future students will benefit from it (e.g. scholarships, and the prominence of the 600th campaign). I think that's a fair price to pay for a few cameras around.

The very fact that there is so much media attention is because there is a public appetite for it - which proves that you are in the embittered minority of people who will not be enjoying the day off in the sunshine drinking pimm's, eating strawberries, and generally enjoying life because you're too busy being a pretentious twat.

two people are getting married. DEAL WITH IT.

I'm off to buy some commemorative china. JUDGE ME IF YOU WILL.
imexcited

Postby Gubbins on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 am

Well, voiced public opinion seems pretty unanimous in that case. If you'll all permit me, I draw this argument to a close: Hitler.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Postby Delts on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:18 am

Aw, I was waiting to see what G05 was going to try and claim about me next as well :(
Delts

Postby gtr1234 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:05 pm

I completely agree with you Graduated05. It's a revolting spectacle to see a nation prostrate itself before 2 nobodies just because one of them was born somebody's son. Revolting. And just ignore the queen's lackeys. There will always be people who kneel down before power in the hope of getting some of the leftovers when their masters leave the table.
gtr1234

Postby Hiltonyy on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:38 pm

I have to agree with GO5. Also, I am fairly sure that each day impacts upon who you are and therefore 5 and a bit years is significant. I am of the opinion that the royals are useless. To be honest, I feel the monarchy is more of an English thing - i don't know many fellow scottishh people who are at all interested with them or this damn wedding
Hiltonyy

Postby Delts on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 am

Hiltonyy wrote:I have to agree with GO5. Also, I am fairly sure that each day impacts upon who you are and therefore 5 and a bit years is significant.

Oh yes, that was the one key point in his whole argument and all the rest was fluff. Because I'm only 23 I'm an immature idiot who knows nothing. I bow to your superior wisdom oh great lord Hiltonyy.
Delts

Postby RedCelt69 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Hiltonyy wrote:I am fairly sure that each day impacts upon who you are and therefore 5 and a bit years is significant.

If you seriously believe that... (seriously?) I'm 41, so you should be paying more attention to what I had to say than what G05 had to say. There you go. Welcome to logic fail.

Before she died, my gran referred to all black people as "nig-nogs". I mean, I put it down to the casual racism that the elderly somehow get away with... but according to you, I should have bowed to her advanced wisdom. Silly me, eh?

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Postby jollytiddlywink on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:48 pm

What a lot of bile flying about on here. I can only conclude that G05 is very bitter about something, and may well also have a large and particularly prickly cactus lodged firmly up his backside.

He is also very much in the minority, if a cursory glance at the BBC site this evening is anything to go by. Of the top 10 most read stories, eight of them concern the wedding, one concerns the anti-Tesco riots in Bristol, and one is a story about republicans calling the wedding "a stunt" (presumably conducted by specially-hired 'wedding-doubles' who usually feature in films). All five of the most shared stories are about the wedding. So, clearly most people are both interested in the wedding, and still interested in seeing and hearing about it even after it is over.
jollytiddlywink

Postby Hennessy on Fri May 06, 2011 11:18 pm

I nearly commented on this thread in its early stages but I thought "why? He'll be picked apart eventually, like a blind man covered in rotting entrails being pursued by a horde of ravenous vultures across a desert".

Did you feel like you needed to add some of the vultures favourite hot sauce to the entrails G05? Nevermind, that was a mighty orgasm of rage, and a pleasure to read. We need more of these people. The flock must be fed.

*ON reflection that was a tad harsh - G05 you've had a rough time of it by your own admission. But don't come in here with the attitude you know more than anyone else somehow, you're just as worried and human as the rest of us.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board