Home

TheSinner.net

Blatant fibbing for flats

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Blatant fibbing for flats

Postby rae on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:04 am

right, needing some advice here. I am currently flat hunting in Edinburgh for September. I have appointments tomorrow to see four flats, one of which I really really really really want but it's going to be quite popular I think. I don't have a job, do have some money in the bank, and can only get references from uni housing as I've never lived anywhere else except home (note from Mum anyone?). HOW do I get this flat???
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby nova on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:22 am

I think I know a way that you can get this flat, and what's more if you follow my cunning plan you won't even have to pay rent:

Ask to be shown round the flat. At an opportune moment knock the estate agent unconscious and throw their limp body out of the front door before changing the locks. With this achieved the flat will be, if only in a manner of speaking, yours. Of course there will then be the little matter of ABH charges and a possible police siege, but you did say you really wanted the flat didn't you?

[hr]"Just because you feel good doesn't make it right."

Skunk Anansie.
nova

Re:

Postby rae on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:45 am

An excellent - and cunning - plan, Nova. However, due to a duelling injury, my left hook is a little weak these days. Any other, slightly more legal, ideas?
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby Sarah on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:55 am

You may be asked to have someone act as a guarantor (sp?) i.e. a parent (for example) fills in a form stating their occupation, also giving bank details, so that the landlord can get money back if you happen to wreck the place. I only heard of this today as my dad has just filled one in for my sister. It may be enough for the agent to accept. Good luck!
Sarah

Re:

Postby Cain on Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:35 pm

[s]nova wrote on 11:22, 29th Jul 2003:
I think I know a way that you can get this flat, and what's more if you follow my cunning plan you won't even have to pay rent:

Ask to be shown round the flat. At an opportune moment knock the estate agent unconscious and throw their limp body out of the front door before changing the locks. With this achieved the flat will be, if only in a manner of speaking, yours. Of course there will then be the little matter of ABH charges and a possible police siege, but you did say you really wanted the flat didn't you?

I take it you've seen Unbreakable
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby nova on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:05 pm

[s]Cain wrote on 18:35, 29th Jul 2003:
[i]
I take it you've seen [i]Unbreakable

[/i]

Actually no I haven't. What is it?

[hr]
"Just because you feel good doesn't make it right."

Skunk Anansie.
nova

Re:

Postby Miss Maryland on Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:09 am

rae, are you going to stay in edinburgh or come back to st andrews? i was hoping to meet you this september

[hr]You got to remember that if everyone from Washington DC had a shotgun, Donald Rumsfeld would be shot something like 215 times a month!

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/colescott
...and there was much rejoicing.
Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:36 pm

[s]nova wrote on 23:05, 29th Jul 2003:
[s]Cain wrote on 18:35, 29th Jul 2003:[i]
[i]
I take it you've seen [i]Unbreakable

[/i]

Actually no I haven't. What is it?

[hr]

[/i]

it's a film with Bruce Willis & Samuel L Jackson (not Die Hard with a vest on)

In it a garbage man knocks on somebody's door.

the owner opens the screen door.

"That's a nice house. Can I have it?"

Owner, surprised and a bit disgusted "no" and shuts the screen door.

the garbage man kicks open the door, beats the owner and ties the family to radiators.

that is a teeny tiny part of the film which is rated terrible by most people, and great by me. it was just a thought that crossed my tiny mind.
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby rae on Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:15 pm

[s]Miss Maryland wrote on 02:09, 30th Jul 2003:
rae, are you going to stay in edinburgh or come back to st andrews? i was hoping to meet you this september

Both! If all goes well that is. :o)
rae

Return to The Sinner's Main Board