Home

TheSinner.net

regs--moving out during xmas!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

regs--moving out during xmas!

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:31 am

hi! as i'm to be in regs this year (and the website is sadly outdated), have a couple (tedious) questions---
--am trying to buy some bedding--what's the bed size? extralong, long..?

--as far as moving out during christmas, etc, does the hall provide any storage space/common room for us to use during the vacation? being from overseas, i'm just thinking that it would be a pain as all hell to move all my stuff back and forth...

thanks! :)

Re:

Postby Miss Maryland on Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:43 am

since you aren't the only one moving out at christmas, i'm sure that there must be somewhere to put all your stuff. i believe there are storage spaces in town for rent, but i hear that it is equivilent to leaving your stuff in a garage.

[hr]"America started out trying to be like Greece, but it ended up more like Rome."

-Gore Vidal

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/colescott
...and there was much rejoicing.
Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby Sabre13 on Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:06 am

1)Beddings is provided
and
2)Im sure if you have a word with the residence managers in regs they can arrange to store your stuff over christmas for you.
Sabre13

Re:

Postby Oli on Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:09 pm

[s]Miss Maryland wrote on 02:43, 10th Sep 2003:
i believe there are storage spaces in town for rent, but i hear that it is equivilent to leaving your stuff in a garage.

A climate controlled, secure, dry garage. With insurance.
And no cars, oily rags or tins of unused paint.
Oli

regs

Postby splittter on Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:29 pm

when I was in regs although the main hall had to move out, the annexe (where I was) didn't ... so it pays to be-friend folk there as they could put your stuff in their room. there are also box rooms ... but you need to get to them quick
splittter

Moving out ... that's news to me!

Postby James on Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:02 pm

I finished my time in Regs last year, but I still have many friends there, and I'm sure I'd have heard some complaint by now if they were making htem all move out at Christmas. Of course, you've had yoru acommodation info by now, and I haven't, so you're in the position of knowledge here.

In my last four years in St. Andrews, Regs only had to move out once, and that was Christmas 1999 into 2000. Since then, they've let us keep our things in the rooms over both Christmas and Spring Break. If, however, they are changing the system this year, there are box rooms in hall (where you can also keep large luggage items during your normal stay), and the residence managers and wardens are nice and helpful if you give them warning.

Bedding ... it is provided, but if you want to personalise it, the beds are conventional single beds, about 3 ft wide by 6 ft 6 long. I personally bought a double duvet and cover, cos the single one was drafty and fell off too easily. They do all the laundry of their own stuff, but you wash yours if you have it.

Give Regs my love when you get there.
James

you will have to move out but your stuff won't

Postby andrew dalgleish on Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

i'm going to be in regs this year too, and you shouldn't have to move your stuff out of your room at christmas, but you will have to move out yourself... a bit annoying but the staff do have to have a holiday...

As for the website.. the chances are that i'm going to be computer rep for regs, so i'll be updating the website if i get the job.

Andrew Dalgleish.
andrew dalgleish

Return to The Sinner's Main Board