Home

TheSinner.net

I met this guy...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

I met this guy...

Postby Whoops! on Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:00 am

...who is utterly convinced that everybody is at least marginally bisexual.

I thought this was rubbish. But then I got drunk in his company and I think some naughty things happened.

Is it true, then? Is everyone secretly attracted to both sexes? Even a tiny, tiny bit?
Whoops!

Re:

Postby Anon. on Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:18 am

Deleted 'cos I realised it would probably start a flame war.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:54 am

Even I would consider that too sweeping a generalisation. I think that everyone has their own sexual preferences - that even they might not fully understand.

It would be fair to say that a lot of people probably could be more attracted to the same/opposite sex more than they realise. That just makes them potentially bicurious though - I'd say to be actually bisexual, you have to act on the impulse.

In any event, human sexuality really is quite complex and is certainly shades of grey, rather than black and white. Even within a relatively short span of time, people can come full circle in their views...

Homosexual, Hetrosexual and Bisexual are all just points on a sliding scale.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:56 pm

Well, I don't even understand the university's marking sliding scale. To put that into a sexual context is really throwing things up in the air.

I do sometimes wonder how much people actually think about it, though.

Re:

Postby Jihad_Ragsta on Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:58 pm

But then I got drunk in his company and I think some naughty things happened.

[/i]

What's the old joke... Oh yes! The difference between a heterosexual and a bisexual is 5 pints :)

[hr]
I am Godzilla! You are Japan!
[i:297ulvrk]Okay! Who greased my wiener?![/i:297ulvrk]
Jihad_Ragsta

Re:

Postby Keynes on Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:31 pm

[s]Jihad_Ragsta wrote on 14:58, 19th Sep 2003:
But then I got drunk in his company and I think some naughty things happened.

What's the old joke... Oh yes! The difference between a heterosexual and a bisexual is 5 pints :)

[hr]
[/i]

"Heteroflexible," perhaps? ;)

[hr]
Challenge is pleasure.
http://hindidiamond.livejournal.com
Keynes

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:10 pm

That sounds more like a straight contortionist.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Whoops! on Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:42 pm

5 pints?
Well, in this case it was three bottles of Taittinger, 3 vodka & cranberry's, 2 Bellini's and a Cosmopolitan.

If you're bi-sexual after 5 pints, I must have been like Elton John!!
Whoops!

Re:

Postby Manson on Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:51 pm

Must have been the cosmo that did it

[hr]"Brunelleschi is magic"
http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~sauras
Manson

Re:

Postby Biitchboy on Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:40 pm

Not everyone's bisexual, there are always going to be exceptions- people on either end of the scale who are either totally gay or totally straight. But I would agree that most people fall into the "inbetween" category, even if it's just 95% straight and 5% gay or whatever.
Biitchboy

Re:

Postby benedict on Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:55 am

contortionists rule.

there was a great program on last week. some guy who got through a toilet seat. was most wicked. i prefer plastic coathangers. you can bend them a bit & then once you're through them they return to their original shape so it looks quite impressive as a result. never tried with the classic stringless tennis racket yet but it can't be too difficult surely??

i wish in St Andy's there were a contortionist class. sadly all they seem to offer is the usual kind of yoga rather than the more extreme stuff.

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
benedict

Re:

Postby Thackary on Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:06 am

Referring once more to the Course Catalogue, featuring the class on Bagpuss.

http://www.thesinner.co.uk/bagpuss.htm
Thackary

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:11 pm

[s]Biitchboy wrote on 00:40, 20th Sep 2003:
Not everyone's bisexual, there are always going to be exceptions- people on either end of the scale who are either totally gay or totally straight. But I would agree that most people fall into the "inbetween" category, even if it's just 95% straight and 5% gay or whatever.

Yeah, what he said. I was just about to take half an hour to say pretty much the same thing, 'cause in the past I've been convinced that everyone is bi to a certain extent but I guess I can conceed that there probably are people at either extreme.

The way I look at it, saying you're straight or gay is both far to general and far too restrictive. Y'know, if a guy says he's straight it implies he's attracted to woman, but he's not going to be attracted to all women (on a side note- way make the distinctions based on gender, why not say you're a small-breasted,long-legged blonde-sexual. It'd be more accurate?), just so far all the people he's been attracted to have been women. Who's to say if a couple of years down the line he's not going to absolutely fall for some guy, the "I'm straight" restriction shouldn't hold him back though it probably would.

That's why I still um and ah about saying I'm bi, it defines my taste in terms of gender. I work on a person to person basis it's just that I don't let something as arbitrary as physical gender stop me from being attracted to the person underneath.

Hmm, looks like I took half an hour to say it anyway...

btw, Hong Kong airport has free internet access :7D lovely, lovely people.
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby RRankin on Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:05 pm

[s]Unregisted User Whoops! wrote on 11:47, 19th Sep 2003:
...who is utterly convinced that everybody is at least marginally bisexual.

I thought this was rubbish. But then I got drunk in his company and I think some naughty things happened.

Is it true, then? Is everyone secretly attracted to both sexes? Even a tiny, tiny bit?

Sounds like he was getting your mind into curious mode before he plied you with alcohol and had his way with you...
RRankin

Return to The Sinner's Main Board