Home

TheSinner.net

New St Andrews depression and anxiety support group

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

New St Andrews depression and anxiety support group

Postby mhu on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi Everyone

Thought you might like to know that there will be a local depression and anxiety support group forming in St Andrews very shortly.

It's been set up in conjunction with Action on Depression which is Scotland's national charity for depression.

The group will be organised by three people who have lived experience of depression / anxiety, and want to help others as a result of their own experiences.

I will post when we have the date, time and room confirmed, but you may also like to join our facebook page / follow us on twitter, where you will also get updates when available:
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Andrew ... l&filter=1
Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/StADASupport

If this is not something that is of benefit to you, I would love if you would still spread the word. So many people suffer with depression / anxiety, which are serious illnesses. Often they don't speak out among their friends due to the stigma involved, so you may not even know that they have it.

So please, if you can, spread the word, as it might just help someone you know.

Just let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Amanda x
mhu

Re: New St Andrews depression and anxiety support group

Postby mhu on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:19 pm

UPDATE: We are pleased to announce the details of our first group meeting as follows.

Location: The Chapliancy Centre, Mansefield, 3A St Mary's Place, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9UY

Date: Monday 5th March 2012

Time: 6.45pm - 8.45pm

This is a self-help support group for depression and anxiety.

The self help support group is organised by people with personal experience of depression. Self-help support groups provide a setting in which people who share similar experiences come together to offer practical and emotional support in a reciprocal and mutually beneficial manner.

We hope you can attend. Please do spread the word :) Amanda, Melissa, Pamela
mhu

Postby jm225 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi,
I'm interested in getting involved with the society, but I don't have facebook (or twitter). When will your next meeting be and is it alright if I come?
jm225

Postby mhu on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 pm

jm225 wrote:Hi,
I'm interested in getting involved with the society, but I don't have facebook (or twitter). When will your next meeting be and is it alright if I come?

Hiya. No worries at all.

I should have also given the following link where you can always find the upcoming group details: http://actionondepression.org/help-and- ... ort-groups

Group is currently the first monday of each month, so next meeting Monday 7th May.

Regarding if it is ok if you can come, it certainly is, all are welcome :)

Hope you can make it!
mhu

Return to The Sinner's Main Board