Home

TheSinner.net

Comedy Injuries.

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Biitchboy on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:34 am

Last week I got hideously drunk on turbo diesels. But that has nothing to do with my injury. After this, I was running down the street (why? I know not) and I fell forwards and did a superman stylee skid down the road, leaving me with bruises and scratches all down my front, and a knee and shoulder which wouldn't work. People laughed. It didn't hurt at the time...well, it hurt my feelings... But it only goes to show that running is bad. Especially wearing slippy shoes.

[hr]If I gave a shit, you'd be the first person I'd give it to.

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~lgbtsoc
Biitchboy

Re:

Postby Ewan Husami on Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:51 am

It seems that another St Andrews message board has started a thread remarkably similar (though admittedly not identical) to this one, just a day later.

What is it they say about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?

-x-
Ewan Husami

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:21 am

[s]Ewan Husami wrote on 11:51, 13th Oct 2003:
It seems that another St Andrews message board has started a thread remarkably similar (though admittedly not identical) to this one, just a day later.

What is it they say about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?

Because of course as we all know, this must be the only inspiration for all things for all students in this town!
Pussycat

Re:

Postby Ewan Husami on Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:49 am

[s]Pussycat wrote on 12:21, 13th Oct 2003:
Because of course as we all know, this must be the [i]only
inspiration for all things for all students in this town!
[/i]

I think you must be very narrow minded if you consider that to be the case, Pussycat.
There's loads of things going on in St Andrews.

Let's just say that it's a strange coincidence that the two threads happened to appear on two separate message boards with 24 hours.
Ewan Husami

Re:

Postby Clonion on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:06 pm

I nearly lost my eye due to a badly thrown boomerang...
Broke my nose so badly (ran into someone) it had to be reset, two weeks later broke it again (my sister fell on top of me). Most bizarre nose-breaking though occured 3 years later, where my sister threw a knife at me, the handle of which hit my nose. Scarily, I get on well with my sister, not that you can tell from this....

[hr]"If I want to quantify anything, I measure it against Clones. There is nothing you will ever encounter in life you haven't seen in some form in Clones"
Neil Jordan
Clonion

Re:

Postby JP Patches on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:30 pm

When I was in fourth grade I was running around with a wooden sword pretending to be a pirate. Then I noticed the hatchet we had been using to chop wood earlier that day and thought that it’d be really great to have a real weapon with which to attack trees, shrubs, etc. It all went fine for awhile and I was having a really good time seeing how deep I could bury it into the chopping block, then I got the idea that if I got a running start I would be able to bury it even deeper. So I backed up pretty far and charged the chopping block at full speed. Right as I was approaching the block and had already initiated the chop, I stumbled, missing the block and burying the hatchet 3 inches into my knee. I thought my parents would be really mad at me for injuring myself like that (and they were), but since it didn’t hurt at all at the time, I figured it was not too bad and that I could just run away from home to let it heal up a bit so my parents wouldn’t have to know. Problem was, I’d severed some important structures in my knee and when I tried to run away, it just collapsed. I was in the process of hopping on one foot down the driveway, when my little sister came outside, saw me and the trail of blood, and commenced with some very loud screaming. My parents were finally made aware of the situation and I got 3 layers of stitches, bringing the total stitch count to 40 although the external scar is only about 1.5 inches long.
JP Patches

Re:

Postby Zen on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:44 pm

I once managed to splash bright blue nail polish into my eye. It all began as some odd idea i had about fixing a missing blue stone in my necklace with the cunning use of blue nail polish, unforunatly the lid wouldn't come off, so in frustration i yanked at it and the top seared off the bottle throwing the nail polish into my eye.

Luckily the folks at the hosipital told me i'd avoided seriously burning my eye by wearing contact lenses but it was still really embarrassing having to explain to random people in A&E why i was there, they all looked at me like i was a retard and you could tell they were trying not to laugh......
Zen

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:54 pm

[s]Ewan Husami wrote on 12:49, 13th Oct 2003:
I think you must be very narrow minded if you consider that to be the case, Pussycat.
There's loads of things going on in St Andrews.

It's called sarcasm.
Pussycat

Re:

Postby Thackary on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:57 pm

I damaged my back a couple of years ago, and was barely able to move for a few months with sciatica.

After I'd recovered, having spent the summer indoors, I decided to get outside and do something active. Parakarting!

I spent 9 hours zipping up and down the west sands, not realising that the sun was blazing down relentlessly. The cool breeze distracted me from the sunburn, which caused massive blisters across my face, neck and ears.

How I laughed as the skin peeled!
Thackary

Oh My God

Postby STATalk on Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:07 pm

Ewan Husami, I find it remarkable that you are still making comparisons between the two message boards - looking for any little overlap to latch onto and make a big deal.

"It seems that another St Andrews message board has started a thread remarkably similar (though admittedly not identical) to this one, just a day later."

We are not just "another St Andrews message board", we are http://www.statalk.com/ - and have no reason to copy anything here at the sinner.

"What is it they say about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery? "

I believe it is, I also believe that people say "get over it", referring to people who just cannot let things go. Yes, we have started a message board, yes there will be overlap. Do you have a real problem with that? If so, Id prefer if you told me about them to my face, rather than making stupid accusations in public.
STATalk

Re:

Postby Linz on Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:07 pm

I managed to crack my head of a bright red fire-hose reel - the worst (or at least the most amusing) part was this was outside the front door of the Head Injuries unit in the hospital where I was working this summer. Needless to say all the nurses and auxiliaries were to busy laughing their asses off to actually help me.
Oh well *smile*
Linz

Re:

Postby Admin on Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:15 pm

All users should bear in mind that sarcasm doesn't necessarily come across as it was intended in the written form.

If you do use sarcasm, why not add a smiley or one of the icons to show your intent?

http://www.thesinner.co.uk/static-view. ... sageboards
Admin

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:22 pm

[s]Admin wrote on 14:15, 13th Oct 2003:
All users should bear in mind that sarcasm doesn't necessarily come across as it was intended in the written form.

If you do use sarcasm, why not add a smiley or one of the icons to show your intent?

My apologies admin, but I thought the sheer ridiculousness of my statement was enough to give me away :)
Pussycat

Re:

Postby Admin on Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:28 pm

Fair point, well made.
Admin

Re:

Postby Ewan Husami on Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:13 pm

[s]Unregisted User STATalk wrote on 13:30, 13th Oct 2003:
Ewan Husami, I find it remarkable that you are still making comparisons between the two message boards - looking for any little overlap to latch onto and make a big deal.

I've never made a comparison like that before in my life! I've only just started using the messageboard actually. And I wasn't making a big deal out of it - it was meant to be a simple compliment.

We are not just "another St Andrews message board", we are www.statalk.com/ - and have no reason to copy anything here at the sinner.

Actually, you ARE another St Andrews message board - there are quite a few based in St Andrews.

"What is it they say about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery? "

I believe it is, I also believe that people say "get over it", referring to people who just cannot let things go. Yes, we have started a message board, yes there will be overlap. Do you have a real problem with that? If so, Id prefer if you told me about them to my face, rather than making stupid accusations in public.

I don't have a problem with it at all. It wasn't a criticism of your messageboard, and if you are the person who started the website, I don't think you would have started that message anyway.
Ewan Husami

Re:

Postby nova on Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:56 pm

Hmmm,

I was under the impression that this thread was entitled "comedy injuries", not "comedy arguments", but then i suppose if we let the arguments go on long enough some comedy injuries may ensue. Apologies if i have been labouring under a gross misapprehension all this time.

[hr]"I slopped at the corner on cold chow mein and shot billiards with a midget until the rain stopped."

Skunk Anansie.
nova

Re:

Postby Amanda on Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:21 pm

god - too many too list. falling down the stairs in my house, going headfirst into the bathroom door and whacking into the bath was a funny one. well, for everyone else.

when i was little, my twin sister and i used to have races down the little path in our back garden towards the coal bunker, and the first to stop, lost. kind of chicken, if you will. we took it too far one day, and didn't stop in time. i got out of it covered in coal dust. my twin unfortunately split her forehead open on the concrete edge of the coal bunker. we then, because we knew we'd get into trouble, hid for the rest of the day. it wasn't until jessica's head was bleeding so much she couldn't see that we decided maybe we should go tell our parents. oops.

i also dislocated all of my fingers at work doing various things including scrubbing pots, leaning on my hand, falling over etc.

ended up with a pirate patch over my eye for a month or so last summer, when i got a bit of dust in my eye, but refused to believe there was anything wrong, so carried on off to work, putting my contact lenses on before i did. hence 8 hours later being carted off to ninewells to try to explain a cut on the back of my cornea. /me tends to be accident prone.

[hr][s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby Kizzy on Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:28 pm

Last Thursday I was in the Bop, bopping away as one does, when the person I was dancing with (in an extravagant arm gesture, which no doubt looked splendid) managed to wallop my shoulder. Now he didn't hit it that hard, so was somewhat surprised when I ran off to whimper and inspect my wound in private, but could find no bruise on shoulder, yet still couldn't move my arm from my side.

On talking to someone who knows about these things, it appears that my arm was at a particularly vulnerable angle, and the none-too-forceful thump had actually caused one part of the joint to bash into the the other, bruising the bone, and rendering me armless for a few days.

Bloody painful

Made me feel plenty silly too.
Kizzy

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board