Home

TheSinner.net

Proofreader of Masters and PhD Theses

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Proofreader of Masters and PhD Theses

Postby Dave25 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:53 am

I am on the University's list of proofreaders and have corrected work at all levels, including MLitt and PhD theses. I write to a high standard and can provide assistance on areas including grammar, style and sentence structure.

I am a Carnegie Scholarship winner for 2012 and am beginning a PhD in the School of International Relations in September. I graduated in German with International Relations from St Andrews, having previously worked in banking. Since January 2011 I have edited a political magazine, Global Politics, and I contribute to the Daily Beast and Huffington Post. In the last year I have proofread theses by students from Asia, the UK, France, the Netherlands and Germany in subject areas including finance, psychology, chemistry, website development, art history, architecture, economics, management, international relations and human resource management. A German student for whom I proofread in Munich gained a 1,0 (100%) mark for his masters thesis, which was written in English, and many St Andrews students from Asia and Germany for whom I proofread have received distinctions. My aim is to ensure that your assignment or thesis will read as well in English as it would in your own language. Testimonials available on request.

If you would like more information, please contact me at djm62@st-andrews.ac.uk or davidglobalpolitics@gmail.com
Last edited by Dave25 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dave25

Re: Proofreader of Masters and PhD Theses

Postby Dave25 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 am

I've had some questions about whether I offer advice to native English speakers regarding theses or assignments. My normal preference is to work with non-native speakers. However, if you have a specific requirement please contact me and I'll be happy to give you some free feedback on a sample of your writing. djm62@st-andrews.ac.uk
Dave25

Return to The Sinner's Main Board