Home

TheSinner.net

how are we all surviving at home???

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

how are we all surviving at home???

Postby quarterstaff on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:41 pm

i have been back home in sunny bloody ayrshire not an entire day, and already am bored and constrained!

anyone got any tips on retaining adult rights and prevent parents from reverting to type and treating me like a kid?

i can't wait until halls re-open!

Q

[hr]PJG for senior student!
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Greebo on Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:12 pm

Well I've managed not to have an argument with my parents yet, but I can feel the tension, things will explode eventually.

[hr]http://greebopichost.netfirms.com - Loadsa drunken photos and suchlikes.
Greebo

I'm not.

Postby Cosmo's Moon on Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:36 pm

All that's getting me through this are mince pies and the comfort of my own bed.
Mea navicula pendens anguillarum plena est.
Cosmo's Moon

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:48 pm

I miss St Andrews!

It's good to be home n all that but my home town is so dead during the week i know it's going to bore me rigid and going into Glasgow only works so well considering the last train back's at 11 and taxis cost so much more :P

Ah well, it's Christmas...time for good will and peace to all family members and i really should be revising anyway considering how many psychology lectures i've missed - can you tell how much that thought cheers me up? :-/
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby niall on Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:03 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 22:48, 21st Dec 2003:
It's good to be home n all that but my home town is so dead during the week i know it's going to bore me rigid and going into Glasgow only works so well considering the last train back's at 11 and taxis cost so much more :P

i know, its a bastard, Motherwell is so shit and i know so few people here :(

ach well.. christmas shopping in glasgow is allways fun :P
niall

Re:

Postby Don on Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:22 am

Well so far i have been irritated many times by my parents and siblings. They don't seem to realise I have been living my own way for the last 3 months, and that i don't need them to tell me what to do and when to do it. If i want to sleep til 2pm then they should just leave me be !!!

Thank god i'm working these holidays, at least that will give me some time and peace from them.
Don

Re:

Postby Amanda on Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:07 am

wahey for still being in st andrews! :)
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:12 am

My rents have been incredibly respectful thus far! Been back a day an a half, stayed up all night yesterday enjoying the pleasures of my dads surround sound system and 44" TV! Out again tonight to the pubs with a few old friends. Only gripe was that I was told to sleep on the couch last night as my younger brothers girlfriend stayed in my room....the cheek of the girl!

[hr]..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby morn_69 on Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:18 am

Im still in st Andrews (going home tomorrow) and its completely dead! The fifers are taking over again

[hr]A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams
morn_69

Re:

Postby FURY-161 on Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:55 am

It 2 degrees and falling outside. Up here in the wild wastes of north Aberdeenshire, the christmas lights are a garish monstrosity compared to the rather pleasantly understated glow of the lights in StA, there's feck all to do except to lull yourself into an everlasting drunken stupor (he glamour of which wears off after a few minutes), and my house is filled to the rafters with sickening chistmas tat.

Oh yes, I'm having an orgasmic time, and the relatives have still to come yet!

It's at times like these I wish I was one of my more "socially mobile" friends. At leat then I could amuse myself no end with the whole shooting the butler/throwing small children on the fire/drowning the Irish racket that they have to nicely cornered.

Ah well, I'll just have to make do with dissecting small forest mammals live. Again.
[hr]FURY-161
IMAGE:www.ukfur.net/forums/images/avatars/7141887513e70cca74303a.jpg

"Anything to feel weightless again"
FURY-161
[i:1sjt1uqn]"Anything to feel weightless again"[/i:1sjt1uqn]
http://youtube.com/user/FiorinaFilms
FURY-161

Re:

Postby dunx on Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:03 pm

[s]morn_69 wrote on 11:18, 22nd Dec 2003:

The fifers are taking over again

Just say "eh" at the end of every sentence and you'll blend in fine!
dunx

Re:

Postby Thackary on Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:46 pm

"Oh yes, I'm having an orgasmic time, and the relatives have still to come yet!"

What an unfortunate turn of phrase.

I'm having a great time back home. Been shopping today (which admittedly was awful), but met up with a bunch of great friends in town and had a leisurely afternoon in a couple of pubs.
A meal tonight with my family, then off to the driving range for some golf!

I've found that the best way to deal with times at home is to let everyone make your decisions for you. They tell you when to be where, and you go along with it. It elimates any hassle.
The only downside to this plan is that you're not allowed to complain if you end up doing something that you're not too keen on.
Thackary

Re:

Postby FURY-161 on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:10 pm

Unfortunate? Nope, just accurate.
[hr]FURY-161
IMAGE:www.ukfur.net/forums/images/avatars/7141887513e70cca74303a.jpg
"Anything to feel weightless again"
FURY-161
[i:1sjt1uqn]"Anything to feel weightless again"[/i:1sjt1uqn]
http://youtube.com/user/FiorinaFilms
FURY-161

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:20 pm

[s]FURY-161 wrote on 11:55, 22nd Dec 2003:

Ah well, I'll just have to make do with dissecting small forest mammals live. Again.
[hr]FURY-161

How lovely.

[hr]
[s]"Just why Frodo was selling his beautiful hole was even more debatable than the price."

'Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring'

[/s]
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

supervision?

Postby quarterstaff on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:23 pm

hey dudes, am kinda new to the sinner, but all other boards i have frequented had mods of some kind ensuring that threads stay on topic, and that trolls and flames are stopped.

isnt this the case here???

Q

[hr]
PJG for senior student!
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:01 pm

No.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:37 pm

The whole point of having a discussion on the Sinner is that every debate degrades into fights, or critism of our most hated things, aka
The University
Yahs
Americans

Long live free speech
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Amaunet on Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:02 am

Right well, good old East Lothian has been fine for the past 24 hours but I am looking forward to going to see the relatives soon- yay at the thought of trudging through Ayr town centre

[/sarcasm]

But yeah, it is nice to be home to see the family again =)
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how"

Gone with the Wind
Amaunet

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:23 am

[s]quarterstaff wrote on 21:23, 22nd Dec 2003:
hey dudes, am kinda new to the sinner, but all other boards i have frequented had mods of some kind ensuring that threads stay on topic, and that trolls and flames are stopped.

isnt this the case here???

Q

Thankfully not. Can you imagine- staying on topic? Perish the thought.

[hr]
[s]"Just why Frodo was selling his beautiful hole was even more debatable than the price."

'Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring'

[/s]
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby mossop on Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:48 am

[s]FURY-161 wrote on 11:55, 22nd Dec 2003:
It 2 degrees and falling outside.

Sounds familiar!

Well, I'm having a fab time at home - granted I have my own flat and don't have to put up with the brother and parents 24 hours a day! Just finished wrapping all my presents and am looking forward to going through to Aberdeen on thursday to spend Christmas with my whole (huge) family! :)

This is the first night I've spent in since I got home and I'm making the most of it! I love Christmas! :)

[hr]
http://www.geocities.com/stauwfc
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board