Home

TheSinner.net

For all you people with macs..........

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Postby SiouxieSioux on Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:53 pm

'Silly Rabbit....Trix are for Kids!'
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby Melkor on Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:29 pm

[s]SiouxieSioux wrote on 15:53, 19th Jan 2004:
http://www.scotlandsoftware.com/products/cretintracker/

Ha ha

Useful ;-)
Melkor

Re:

Postby Penny Lane on Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:10 pm

I downloaded it, but I'm not getting it... is it just an address book with which to attach to people's entries a 'cretin' rating? Does it do anything exciting?
Penny Lane

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:04 pm

Oh, I don't know. It could be useful. One could keep a list of sinner users in there...

[hr]Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:19 am

It's just Mac users... they think stuff like that is really cool or an amazing piece of software. No it's a crappy version of Microsofts Address book.

Lame mac users.

Re:

Postby SiouxieSioux on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:27 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:27, 20th Jan 2004:[i]
It's just Mac users... they think stuff like that is really cool or an amazing piece of software. No it's a crappy version of Microsofts Address book.

Lame mac users.

P.S Don't you think you have made a huge generalistaion? Who said it was cool? Who said it was amazing?

I use windows personaly but does that mean you have to shit over someone who believes a mac is the computer of choice?

[hr]
Harry: Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby Melkor on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:51 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:27, 20th Jan 2004:

Lame mac users.

er that's rubbish, we already have the Apple Address Book, this is just a piece of fun/stupid/pointless software...
Melkor

Re:

Postby Wong on Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:12 pm

Unregistered User, are you at this University? If so, how did you get in?

[hr]When you play with fire, you must anticipate some burns
Chasing for desire, it's just a different way to learn
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby Melkor on Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:37 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:27, 20th Jan 2004:

Lame mac users.

For you sentence to be correct, you should put 'crappier than Microsoft's address book', which it is not, you've missed the point of this app... I'm adding you to my cretin list :-)
Melkor

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:51 pm

Actually the Macintosh address book, as of 10.2, is slightly complicated.

There is a whole set of interfaces that programmers can use in their own applications, where they can add custom fields, use people's default email address automatically, share everything with other applications, with no marginal effort.

The Address Book application is merely a show off of the abilities of this database. Using the Address Book app, users can send and receive SMS messages, dial automatically on their phone, be notified of incoming calls on their mobile, create groups, have people's IM handles, lots of things.

For example, if get an email from somebody which has a v.card with their phone number, AIM handle and other information in it, I can click on "Add to Address Book" in Mail. This adds them to my address book, they automatically get added into my buddy list in iChat, and when I next sync, their phone number will be put on my phone and iPod. And this is something that any application developer has access to.

On the Mac, the address book "Framework" is a lot more than a simple application. In much the same way that QuickTime Player is merely an interface to a huge amount of underlying technology, so is the Address Book application.
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby cheeky on Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:19 pm

[s]Wong wrote on 12:12, 21st Jan 2004:
Unregistered User, are you at this University? If so, how did you get in?

Wong, do you have a sense of humour? If so how are you hiding it so well?

Good grief people, lighten up. everyone is entitled to their opinion and the pc vs mac thing is to be taken light heartedly. It's a never ending non-serious debate, not guerilla warfare.

If people react this badly to an obvious joke like that then I dread to think how you react to more serious troll like messages - demand their brutal death perhaps?
cheeky

Re:

Postby SiouxieSioux on Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:08 pm

Ah but on the sinner you have to make it obvious its a joke. Saying it is one thing but writing it is another.

[hr]Harry: Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby Wong on Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:18 pm

All right, if it was a joke I apologise... but Siouxsie is right, it really didn't seem like a joke. In fact, I took it to be one of the obvious troll messages that you mentioned just now...

And if you had CS2101 on Saturday, you'd have lost your sense of humour somewhere as well D-¦>

[hr]When you play with fire, you must anticipate some burns
Wong

Postby Anon. on Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:54 pm

Get rid of them at once. You look like dodgy old flasher-types.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Magus on Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:38 pm

[s]Anon. wrote on 19:54, 21st Jan 2004:
Get rid of them at once. You look like dodgy old flasher-types.

Yay! Thanks for saying what I was thinking upon catching the title of this thread.
When I would pray and think, I think and pray to several subjects.
Magus

Re:

Postby heehee on Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:03 am

[s]Wong wrote on 17:18, 21st Jan 2004:
And if you had CS2101 on Saturday, you'd have lost your sense of humour somewhere as well D-¦>

CS2101? Is that a new invention then? And here I am wasting my time with CS2001 :P
heehee

Re:

Postby luap on Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:28 am

luap

Re:

Postby iohannes on Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:33 am

Ooooh, please, let's have this PC vs Mac argument. I want to hear that old chestnut about Macs never crashing.
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
iohannes

Re:

Postby Wong on Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:05 am

[s]Unregisted User heehee wrote on 22:47, 21st Jan 2004:
CS2101? Is that a new invention then? And here I am wasting my time with CS2001 :P

Yes, it's like CS2001 but with an additional course in Leetspeak as well.

(All right - I've been beaten!)
[hr]
When you play with fire, you must anticipate some burns
Wong

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:17 pm

Macs are quite clearly better than PC's because you can flash in a Mac, but if you flash near a PC, you'll get arrested.

Return to The Sinner's Main Board