Home

TheSinner.net

Boycott the KK(K) "Charity" Jazz Night

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Boycott the KK(K) "Charity" Jazz Night

Postby tintin on Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:56 am

As it says - boycott it and perhaps the smile might be wiped off their smug little faces for once. I'm sure "KateBush" will be...
tintin

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dee on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 am

Actually they do give rather a lot of money to charities...
"If it can't be cured with either bacon fat or vinegar, it's not worth curing"
Tweedle-Dee

Re:

Postby Chaucer on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:28 am

Has to be said they have been rather quiet this year, I haven't norice any smugness and as the other poster said they do do a lot of good work for Charity. Leave the KK alone!
Chaucer

Re:

Postby tintin on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:38 am

What, like the Charity Beer Fund for arrogant gentlemen?
tintin

Re:

Postby KateBush on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:40 am

Tintin, dearest, didn't you apply to JOIN aforesaid group?
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby Chaucer on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:42 am

Shut up - do you even know what you are talking about? What year are you in? And what's with the "Charity" in your subject header? Go to the website and do some research you t**t.
Chaucer

Re:

Postby tintin on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:56 am

What has my year got to do with anything? If you're so curious, try clicking on my profile, and you can find out.

Anyone might think that you were involved with the club; you see very angry to hear criticism of that august institution.
tintin

Re:

Postby Cain on Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:04 am

[s]tintin wrote on 09:56, 24th Feb 2004:
Anyone might think that you were involved with the club; you see very angry to hear criticism of that august institution.

you're saying it like it's a crime to be a member of the KK. and why should we boycott the jazz night?

[hr]
I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Haunted on Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:14 pm

As much as i have my differences with the KK, i tend to agree with everyone else here. I dont think you can knock the whole thing becuase of what you believe them to be like.
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:04 pm

[s]Chaucer wrote on 09:28, 24th Feb 2004:
Has to be said they have been rather quiet this year, I haven't norice any smugness and as the other poster said they do do a lot of good work for Charity. Leave the KK alone!

A lot of good work for charity, heh?

I'd love to know exactly how much they donated to charity over the past year. If somebody from the KK would like to let us know, I'm sure we'd all be grateful.
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby nova on Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:08 pm

Slightly vague, but still:

SUPPORTED CHARITIES

It would be impossible to list all of the charities, families and individuals who have been donated to by the Kate Kennedy Club since 1926. On average the club aims to raise and donate in the region of £25,000 per year to charity to a multitude of causes including a broad range of donations from £100 to £10,000. Some of those who have benefitted more recently include:

St Andrews Hospital

[hr]"I slopped at the corner on cold chow mein and shot billiards with a midget until the rain stopped."

Tom Waits.
nova

Re:

Postby Chaucer on Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:12 pm

For Christ's sake stop complaining -the KK exists, it's existed for many, many years and it will continue to exist. It's a tradition of St Andrews and not necessarily a bad one. If you don't want to have anything to do them then just ignore them BUT don't be a Christian and try and preach to others about it.

The fact is Pilmour Boy - proceeds do go to Charity whether it be high or low and that is not a bad thing.
Chaucer

Re:

Postby spot the defensive one! on Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:40 pm

[s]Chaucer wrote on 14:12, 24th Feb 2004:
For Christ's sake stop complaining -the KK exists, it's existed for many, many years and it will continue to exist. It's a tradition of St Andrews and not necessarily a bad one. If you don't want to have anything to do them then just ignore them BUT don't be a Christian and try and preach to others about it.

The fact is Pilmour Boy - proceeds do go to Charity whether it be high or low and that is not a bad thing.

Jeez, calm down. If they have nothing to hide then all is well and there is no reason why people should not enquire as to how much they made for charity LAST YEAR.

Oh and try not to insult a religious group with a stupid stereotype while you're at it.
spot the defensive one!

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:43 pm

[s]nova wrote on 14:08, 24th Feb 2004:
Slightly vague, but still:

SUPPORTED CHARITIES

It would be impossible to list all of the charities, families and individuals who have been donated to by the Kate Kennedy Club since 1926. On average the club aims to raise and donate in the region of £25,000 per year to charity to a multitude of causes including a broad range of donations from £100 to £10,000. Some of those who have benefitted more recently include:

St Andrews Hospital

That's more than slightly vague. I could aim to donate £100,000 a year to charity. I doubt I'd be able to do it, but I'd still be making the same statement that they do, that that's my aim.

[hr]
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:32 pm

KK(K) - ah yes, hilarious and novel.

[hr]Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:43 pm

if you had any common sense at all, you'd understand that the priority of most christians is not preach, but to worship God, so don't say anything as stupid again you silly little boy.
Saying such idiotic things will only offend people.
Manic23

Re:

Postby Campbell on Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:47 pm

quite agree manic, there's so many people on the bleddy thing who are ridiculously PC with some things and are total twats when the mood takes them

double standards n stuff
Campbell

Re:

Postby stop being a tit on Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:51 pm

don't be a Christian and try and preach to others about it.

Yes and what exactly do you mean by this? Stop being a tit.
stop being a tit

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:34 pm

The KK are an excellent part of this town, and it's relationship with the citizens of the town. Let us consider what the KK do:
1)Further the traditions of this university
2)Raise money for charities.
What is so wrong with this? The KK is not as some ill-informed people have suggested, simply a drinking club. Instead it achieves great things for both town and gown, and it always amazes me when people are so condesending about it. I would of thought that any mature and reasonable person would see that the KK does an awful lot of good.
And the accounts are very transparent. I would imagine they would be happy to let you see them if you asked politely - it is not some drinking fund as some have suggested.
The last Jazz night was a great success, and I hope that this one is too.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Postby ever_nocturnal on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:49 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board