Home

TheSinner.net

YOUR UNION..... NOT MINE!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

YOUR UNION..... NOT MINE!

Postby Dundee student on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:50 pm

I feel more at home in the Keys or the Red Reiver or even Ma Belles - it is a disgrace! Afterall everyone who works at the union with any authority (apart from those voted in) are not students. More than that they seem to despise students even though we employ them to do us a service - they are not doing us a favour. They get paid like any other job yet they seem to have a chip on their shoulder, jealousy perhaps. Disgrace!
Dundee student

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:55 pm

If youre' a Dundee student, how do you know so well how our Union works.
Unless you're a certain Dundee student whom I know.
Are you?
I don't think so. He wouldn't say that, I don't think.

[hr]I love cheese.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby camel club on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:57 pm

[s]Unregisted User Dundee student wrote on 22:16, 16th Mar 2004:
..everyone who works at the union with any authority (apart from those voted in) are not students.. ..they seem to despise students even though we employ them to do us a service

Who the hell are you talking about?

Almost all of the perminant staff in the union are stars.
camel club

Re:

Postby Steveo on Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:24 am

I have only come across one member of staff in the union I could have any complaints about, and that was one incident.

Overall the union staff, especially the porters, are helpful and never have they once seemed prejudice against students.

[hr]"Strangers passing in the street.....by chance two separate glances meet"
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:28 am

I think that the vast majority of the staff that most students will meet are wonderful. Can you tell us more about what it is you don't like?

[hr]The penalty for not being involved in the political process is to be ruled by your inferiors.

Plato.
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby niall on Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:09 am

[s]Bonnie wrote on 23:55, 16th Mar 2004:
If youre' a Dundee student, how do you know so well how our Union works.
Unless you're a certain Dundee student whom I know.
Are you?
I don't think so. He wouldn't say that, I don't think.

assuming you're thinking of me, i obviously do know how "our" union works (sorry, i still see my self as a st andrews student!) but as i know most the people there i would agree with other posts and say that the staff are excellent. I personally am very gratefull to the kindness of the porters, as on many occaisions over the past year i have required assistance in the union and they have been happy to oblige (staying stupidly late to program lights, helping with small things which i couldve done myself but were easier with two people)

also some of the permanent staff are former students of the university...

oh.. and the original post wasnt me :)
niall

Agree and disagree

Postby Graham on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:05 pm

Some of them are great but some seem quite two faced (thats to people i know). I think the original post was perhaps a bit much.
Graham

Return to The Sinner's Main Board