Home

TheSinner.net

The Positive Thread

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

The Positive Thread

Postby camel club on Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:23 pm

I've got exams starting tomorrow, so I thought I'd start a thread of 'positive things' that I could think about when revision's getting a bit much. You could report a good thing that happened to you recently, or something in the news, or something you've just randomly thought about. The main thing is that it's a *positive* thing to think about.

A couple of rules:
- If someone posts something you personally dont feel is positive, don't critise it.. if you really have to, start a new thread commenting on it.
- The positive thing you report, shouldnt be at the expense of someone else.

So, my positive thing that made me think of starting the thread:

I was in Tesco's, had done all my shopping and was being scanned throught the check out, when I realised I didn's have my wallet on me. doh! I was a bit embarrased, but the shop assistant was really nice about it and told me it happened all the time. I ran home quickly and returned (with my wallet) to find all my shopping bagged up, and waiting for me.

Whilst paying (and appologising profusely) the assistant told me that that's how she had met her husband - she had forgot to take her purse to the supermarket in a very similar way and the man behind her in the queue offered to pay for it all - in return for a cup of coffee with her.

I just thought it was a nice story and cheered me up a bit, so i thought i would share it and see if anyone else had anything to contribute.
camel club

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:32 am

Looks like tiffany's playing in freshers week!

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:35 am

And Hot Passes went on sale this morning!
That's a good thing because they actually went on sale earlier than advertised.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:58 am

I got file-sharing working on my wireless network. Now to do my taxes :(
Prophet Tenebrae

Return to The Sinner's Main Board