Home

TheSinner.net

Is Star on enough?

STAR fm - The University of St Andrews Radio Station! Post your comments about our shows on here, and request tracks!You'll need to be logged in though, to make sure your messages get through straight away.Listen online at http://www.standrewsradio.com

Is Star on enough?

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:55 pm

Simple answer....no.

Let's get STARequest with Alan and Steph more often!!!

Get it sorted! I demand a petition!
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby radiodave on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:37 pm

Perhaps we should petition for the creation of a new sabbatical position - simply to run Star FM?! That's what it would take to get Star FM on permanently :-)
radiodave

Re:

Postby Spike on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:52 pm

out of intrest, where do you propose the union to get the money to run star fm for a year or fund a sabbatical?
also what about the radio licence and staff to run it?
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re:

Postby radiodave on Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:28 am

Hi Spike,

Apologies - that comment was said in jest, hence the '?!'.
We don't propose that the Union gets the money to run Star FM for a year or indeed fund a sabbatical position - at this point of time it is impossible.
:-)
radiodave

Re:

Postby Spike on Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:08 pm

alos the fact that star fm has taken most of the unions microphones is beside the point :P

I personall have not listened to it but i do think that it works as it is, an event to be enjoyed for a short period of time. if it continued i think it might just turn into one of those crappy student readios which noone really listens to and becomes a general drain on the already limited resources of the union...

just my £0.02
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re:

Postby radiodave on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:35 pm

How about we re-phrase that and say that the Union has given Star FM the use of four mics for two weeks. Thanks!

Agreed.
radiodave

Re:

Postby Spike on Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:20 pm

maybe a little more than that but lets not get bogged down in the technicalities.

for what it does STAR fm is great.
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re:

Postby joug on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:37 pm

how about we abolish one of the current sab posts and create a star fm sab position - do we really need two people for student development and all that jazz? doesn't someone just run the bop pretty much?!
joug

Re:

Postby Spike on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Quoting joug from 00:37, 25th Apr 2006
how about we abolish one of the current sab posts and create a star fm sab position - do we really need two people for student development and all that jazz? doesn't someone just run the bop pretty much?!

if you are talking about chris marks (DOES) then you are quite mistaken. he runs pretty much every event in the association, as well as being on several commities.

as for the DOSDA he is also responsable for most commities and other such tasks.

to find out more about these positons please feel free to go along to the SRC which meets every tuesday at 7pm to ask them questions yourself

Spike
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:49 pm

wow star is popular :P

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon power metal I drool
[l]
Image[/l]
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Return to St Andrews Radio