Home

TheSinner.net

Newcastle/Durham

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Re:

Postby mattina on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:44 am

I guess the last question then being, for those of us just going to Durham, what time are we supposed to be at the bus stop here in St Andrews?
mattina

Re:

Postby Sally on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:47 am

I hate to be having to write this, but from looking at the bus timetables, can everyone try to be at the bus stop for 6.40 on Saturday to go to Durham. You can sleep on the train.

Quoting mattina from 07:44, 31st Oct 2006
I guess the last question then being, for those of us just going to Durham, what time are we supposed to be at the bus stop here in St Andrews?
Sally

Re:

Postby Imago on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:45 am

This is the infamous National Rail 'We're going to make it impossible to travel bewteen Edinburgh and Newcastle by train at weekends and we don't care about anything you might wish to arrange and what's more we're not going to admit it in advance.' For the past three years RGS Newcastle have run a very successful schools' junior tournament on a Saturday at the beginning of October; every time we have had to drive all the way to Newcastle (from Dundee) and back because the trains, as you have noted, take 5 hours each way, either including a bus journey or via Carlisle. They will reinstate them for Christmas and they will be OK by the time of Durham Schools in March - but that is three autumns running that the line has been closed at weekends. Had I but had time I would have written furious letters about it; some of you may be in a position to do so! Best wishes
Imago

Re:

Postby ChrisH on Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:25 pm

What time would people suggest for the 7:23, again 6:40 or are we going to Taxi it?
ChrisH

Re:

Postby Alex Jennings on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:28 pm

If everyone going to Newcastle on the Friday morning goes to the bus station at 6.40, we could arrange taxis, etc then.

[hr]

"Look, I told you when we met that I was not a leprechaun, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half Korean, but you said it didn't matter."
"Look, I told you when we met that I was not a leprechaun, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half Korean, but you said it didn't matter."
Alex Jennings

Re:

Postby TC on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:56 pm

for everyone who is going to Durham tomorow mourning i have booked a taxi for 6.45 outside the Union. its got 7 seats and so far ive got myself, Sally, Miles, Laura and Cameron down for it. is anyone else interested? if so email me at tprc and just turn up tomorow.

[hr]

Per Ardua ad Astra
Per Ardua ad Astra
TC

Previous

Return to Union Debating Society