Home

TheSinner.net

Euros

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Euros

Postby Connie on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:13 pm

Euros is being held in Instanbul from Sunday 5th to Saturday 11th. Registration isn't open yet, but for many reasons I would like to hold trials relatively soon next semester, either week 2 or 3.

This is a warning that if you wish to trial to try not to plan anything with your family for this week.

Trials will be very similar to the ones for worlds. We hope to be sending 3 teams and 2 judges. As always with euros, the judges will both be freshers.

Any questions should be emailed to me at connie.grieve@gmail.com.
Thanks, and here's to summer in Turkey!

--Connie
Connie

Re:

Postby kdc4 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:41 pm

The 5th to the 11th of August?

That's rather harsh...

How do they need seven days to run a six-round tournament. Or is it just to allow people to take advantage of cheap Turkish drink?

Cheers,
-Doug
kdc4

Re:

Postby Connie on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:15 pm

As far as I'm aware, they want to run it pretty much similar to the Koc Open, so there will be a day at the beach, a day in Istanbul etc.
The tournament's got so big (anyone remember the scramble for places at berlin?!) that it almost justifies being a mini-worlds really.

I don't think there's a website up yet, but i'll put it on here as soon as I get wind of one. People who are at worlds- speak to Can about it if he's there. It sounds like its going to be an amazing tournament.

It is a long time, but at least its not before our exams like every other tournament!

--Connie
Connie

Return to Union Debating Society