Home

TheSinner.net

TCD IV

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

TCD IV

Postby mattina on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:41 pm

Date: 25-26 January

A great competition and I'm looking to send a number of teams and lots of judges so if you're interested in attending, let me know at lem55.

Laura
mattina

Re:

Postby Jessica on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:55 pm

Me please! With Beth please!
Jessica

Re:

Postby mattina on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:15 am

Attending:

(teams still tba, although there will be 5 of them!)

Connie
Doug
Chris
Jess
Beth
Tom
Miles
Zoe
Laura
Sally
Maddie
Lauren
Rafael
Claire
James
mattina

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Attending:

Connie
Doug
Chris
Jess
Beth
Tom
Miles
Claire
James
Rafael
Laura
Zoe
Sally
Lauren
Maddie

TCD IV

Postby kdc4 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:10 pm

Unfortunately, the TCD IV saw none of the St Andrews teams making the break, despite a number of credible performances.

St Andrews did manage to pepper the judging break with three of its own, as Chris, Doug, and Connie broke to quarters, semis, and finals, respectively.

Furthermore, St Andrews maintains its (half)claim on the Kingsmill-Moore Invitational Tournament. Our own Chris Hawkins teamed up with Niall Kennedy (formerly of Oxford and the GUU) to defeat sixteen of the best British and Irish teams in the biggest invitational tournament on the UK/Ireland circuit. Conservative HQ will be horrified to learn that Chris and Niall successfully first propped the abolition of private property. St Andrews alumnus Tony Murphy also made the final.

IV tab to follow.
kdc4

Re:

Postby Rachael on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:42 pm

Congrats to everyone who did splendidly at TCD, it's nice to know that I still hold claim to bringing sexy back in St Andrews 'B'...

By the way, this is Rach, I locked myself out my account again.
Rachael

Return to Union Debating Society