Home

TheSinner.net

The Courier Debating Competition

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

The Courier Debating Competition

Postby Kizzy on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Just a quick 'Thank you' to everyone involved with the competition this year - it was an excellent year's debating, and a terrifyingly good final! I do hope everyone had fun at the rounds, debate and dinner afterwards - and that Tom didn't mind too much being cruelly prosecuted of him after dinner!

Thanks also for the lovely flowers - they're currently brightening up our kitchen.

A couple of brief questions - has anyone lost a bag? It's black, with white bits, and a pink ribbon - it was left in LPH on Friday after the debate. Also, did anyone take any pictures, either of the debate or the dinner afterwards? If so, I'd love to see them.

I do hope you'll all stay involved with Courier debating for another year - the competition couldn't run without the helpers, and I know the schools as grateful as I am for all the help you give.

Thanks again,
Kizzy
Kizzy

Re:

Postby Kizzy on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Also found - one small tin of hairspray.
Kizzy
Kizzy

Re:

Postby TC on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:33 pm

Thanks Kizzy for an excellent competition. It was great to be a part of it and the final was excellent. As for the dinner I thoughly enjoyed it! And the prosecution was certainly rather fun, though I was far to drunk to remember much of it.

Tom

[hr]

Per Ardua ad Astra
Per Ardua ad Astra
TC

Re:

Postby Dickie on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:36 pm

Quoting TC from 15:33, 4th Mar 2008 I was far to drunk to remember much of it.

Thats what minutes are for...

I put a couple of pics on my facebook, but fortuantly the battery died before things became too much fun.

What a great night it was.

[hr]

http://facebook.com/p.php?id=37106107&l=217e435e0a
Dickie

Return to Union Debating Society