Home

TheSinner.net

Cambridge Schools in Scotland: Call for Judges.

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Cambridge Schools in Scotland: Call for Judges.

Postby kdc4 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:55 pm

Dear All,

I would like to invite you all to judge at the Cambridge Schools Debating Competition. This year, the tournament is bigger and better than ever with over 600 teams from around the British Isles currently registered to compete. This is a great opportunity for Scottish schools debating, but we need your help to make it work.

The Scottish qualifying rounds will be on Saturday the 6th of December, kicking off at 10AM and concluding after three rounds and one break round. Qualifiers will be held simultaneously at St Columba’s High School, Johnstone and the High School of Dundee.

We will, of course, happily refund any reasonable travelling expenses and have allocated a £5 drink and £5 food allowance for each judge. In addition, we would be more than happy to lend a hand with your schools competitions in due course.

Aside from which, I would be immensely grateful if you could spare the time!

If you think you can do it, please do facebook, email, or phone me.

Thanks so very much!
-Doug Cochran

kdc24@cam.ac.uk
kdc4

Re: Cambridge Schools in Scotland: Call for Judges.

Postby kdc4 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi All,

First off, thanks so very much for volunteering to go to Edinburgh and Dundee this weekend; I really don't know what we would have done without volunteers from St Andrews.

Also, I wanted to apologise for the logistical problems today. We did a very poor job of communicating and organising; I'm very sorry you guys had to bear the brunt of our incompetence and very much aware that it was only the hard work of volunteers going the extra mile that managed to keep things going.

When I'm buying you all drinks in a few days time, I'll apologise properly and in person. For now, I wanted to you know that we're all very grateful for your efforts and very sorry that we didn't live up to our responsibilities.

Best,
-Doug
kdc4

Return to Union Debating Society