Home

TheSinner.net

Alumni Debate

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Alumni Debate

Postby Jessica on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Dear Alumnus,

I am writing to invite you to attend or speak in the Alumni Debate this coming semester.

The Alumni Debate will take place on Friday 20 March, at 8pm in Lower Parliament Hall on South Street in St Andrews. Doors will open at 7pm for a port reception in the Psychology foyer. The debate will be followed by a lavish dinner at the Balaka for the cost of approximately 15 pounds for 3 courses. There will, of course, be an after-dinner debate and plenty of singing.

The motion before the House on March 20th is that 'This House believes chivalry is a lost art'.

If you are interested in speaking on the motion, please let me know which side you would like to speak for. We would like this to be much more than simply alumni coming to speak and to meet the current members of the Society. We hope that this event will serve as an opportunity for alumni to reunite, share stories, and catch up. As such, we hope to fill Parliament Hall with both current students and alumni. Alumni are highly encouraged to come as members of the House, even if you do not wish to speak.

Finally, there are many alumni of the Society who are not in the facebook group. If you know anyone who might be interested in this event, please feel free to let them know about it by forwarding this message, or, if it is more convenient, pass on their email, phone, or post address to the convenor (myself) at js482

Best,

Jessica Siegel
Convenor
Union Debating Society
Jessica

Return to Union Debating Society