Home

TheSinner.net

Courier Grand Final

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Courier Grand Final

Postby Laura on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks to all of you who have helped- you've been truly brilliant. Thanks also to those of you who came and celebrated the end of the trips into schools.... I bet that's the first time the police have busted in on a game of Cluedo...
Anyway!! Invites for the Grand Final are winging their way to all those who have been lovely enough to help- I really hope to see you all on Friday 27th February.
For those of you who have been close to the competition, here is the final draw.....(positions picked out of a hat by my bored colleague Jack)

'This House Would Allow Soldiers to Opt Out of Conflicts on Moral Grounds'

First Prop- Glenalmond College 'B' (Cameron and Marcus)
Second Prop- Dollar Academy 'B' (Callum and Ruth)
Third Prop- Dollar Acdemy 'A' (Alix and Anna)

First Opp- Craigclowan School 'A' (Jessica and Isobel)
Second Opp- High School of Dundee 'B' (Lewis and Cameron)
Third Prop- Webster's High School 'A' (Lucy and Alastair)
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Re: Courier Grand Final

Postby Jessica on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:19 pm

The GRAND final!
Jessica

Re: Courier Grand Final

Postby Laura on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:12 pm

I know! Says it on the programme and everything......
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Return to Union Debating Society