Home

TheSinner.net

Debating Songs

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Debating Songs

Postby clairemurran on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Dear All,
The Parliamentary Debate and Dinner is this upcoming Wednesday and I would like to produce a song booklet like there was last year. I, however, have not got any copies of this so am asking you.
If anyone has this booklet/knows the words to the songs/ knows where I could find them I would be most grateful!
thanks
Claire
clairemurran

Re: Debating Songs

Postby Frank George on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 am

I have a copy of last year's songbook that I just dug up. I can give it to you or, probably better based on my rather busy week, scan it in and email it to you tonight.
Frank George

Postby clairemurran on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Frank George you are amazing.
big (polygamous) love
claire
clairemurran

Postby Frank George on Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Dear Claire,

You will find a late Valentine's Day present in your inbox.

With my most passionate love,
Frank
Frank George

Postby clairemurran on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:17 am

I dedicate my first five drinks at dinner to you sir.
I also dedicate my Gaudeamus to you, though Ithis is perhaps not a good thing.

mwah mwah
claire

by the by ALL- lok at the banner ad on top of this- Yearsaborad.com. That is a website set up by a debater form Durham, I think its my fault its up here on the sinner....
clairemurran

Postby Anon. on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:11 pm

I was at a Debates dinner once and someone had produced a songbook which included, along with the Gaudeamus and the usual extracts from the Last Night of the Proms, "The Duchess and the Student" and other slightly off-colour vocal delights (though not "I married a country girl"). Seeing them in print made one feel rather uncomfortable.

Is the Wilson/Joss take on "The Wild Rover" still going? Is there anyone still around who really can remember when Kitson was there?
Anon.

Return to Union Debating Society